Any p42a cell users out there?

I’m still trying to figure out what battery pack I’m going to use I was stuck between 12s4p 30t or 40t and 12s5p 30q but I’m pretty sure I’m going to use p42a now in 12s4p

P42a is a great cell. If you’re gonna build your pack make sure it capable of all those amps

2 Likes

How does that even work? if an idividual cell is capable of 45A, then you would need something like two strips of .3 x 10 mm per cell ?

3 Likes

Maybe a good candidate for soldering copper braid on top of your nickel strips.

3 Likes

@thisguyhere did this for my vanguard pack but with tinned copper wire, you might not need a whole braid for the cells if it’s not pulling max amps the whole time

1 Like

N.E.S.E modules should be capable of that current. I consider p42a cells as well for a future pack, I am looking for high current and low volume, capacity isn’t my main concern. The problem with p42a is that according to mooch, it can only output 30A without temperature control and only 40A with temp control. Also this cell is pretty bad value, you should only choose it if you don’t care about value.

1 Like

Value = cost?

Yeah, I mean price-performance ratio. Sorry

1 Like

I suppose that’s where the groupbuys come in.
Thing is. If you need amps but not Energy, then why not just go lipo?

since capacity is low, the acual volumtric and mass energy density isnt that much a factor

3 Likes

I have Turnigy Graphenes atm. But lipos are relatively expensive if you consider the lifetime. When I can get a li-ion pack with similar stats for the same price I like that better.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m aware of what mooch said he’s where I heard about them I like where he said they out performed the 40t and 30t after about the first third of the 30t also I’m going to have someone build the battery for me

1 Like

Still got my 52cells from IMR sale a while ago. Gona build the pack soon.

2 Likes

so lifetime cycles are better than lipo?

I am pretty sure, yes. Lipos can be done after a year or so. Li-ion packs should last much longer.

1 Like

Not sure I have no interest in lipo

1 Like

Lipos are pretty expensive, need to be handled very thoroughly to not cause a fire and to not prematurely kill them. Cycle life is significantly lower, I just checked.
So the question is, what is the best li-ion cell :smiley:

High life cycle maybe? Also safer.

im still going to get some quotes but i think its inbetween 40t and p42a for me both in 12s4p

1 Like

if there is a p42a GB I maybe interested.
The MTB needs light high amp pack

2 Likes

@magharees :kissing_heart: