Any p42a cell users out there?

dont think so

Interesting battery. https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Molicel%20INR21700-P42A%204200mAh%20(Gray)%20UK.html

1 Like

“hits harder and runs for longer than the Samsung 40T. It even competes with the Samsung 30T at 30A. The 30T hits harder for about the first third of the discharge but then the P42A holds its voltage up better and hits harder for the rest of the discharge.”

what got me interested in these cells oh and their cheaper than 40t

3 Likes

P42A are cheaper than 40T? Where at? I need to hop on that. Been eyeing these P42A for a while now

3 Likes

At nkon 40T is way less. Otherwise it would be an easy choice.

1 Like

Well I’m talking about in the states and they are 20 cents More than 40t here don’t know why I thought it was cheaper

Where at in the states? Prices on cells in the states are all jacked up. Like +30% more then the rest of the world.

Liion wholesale

They would be cool on my electric gokart. The only thing I hate about these types of cell (18650 stylish ) is those damn nickel strips dont like high current. That would be the bottle neck.

2 Likes

M50A cells are in pre-production.

3 Likes

I don’t think this cell will be overly interesting. It has 5000mah, ok, but you can expect it to be only safe at <=15A. With a continuous current rating that low, 18650 cells are way more attractive.

1 Like

I don’t rule anything out I’m not going to have the battery built until next year so the m50a could be a possibility just need to see tests

1 Like

Good thing about this is the price on p42a might go down

Not yet wired up!

1 Like

It’s 6.06 euro here converter from us dollar

P42a is 6.75€ in the EU if you buy more than 50 (at eu.nkon)

1 Like

Look at fogstar even cheaper like 4.59 euro I think

That’s British pounds, unfortunately. It’s 6.58€. Not a big difference to nkon.

2 Likes

What kind of amp rating are they suppose to have?

It is in the pdf datasheet or have a look to tests

1 Like