The Bladerunner | LY Switchblade 40" | 12S4P Samsung 30T | eBoosted enclosure | Bergmeister wheels | Maytech 6374 | Custom motor mounts

Hello Guys, at last I decided to make a new build. The last one, the Subsonic Century, was one of my all time favorites because it was the most stable at high speeds and the most powerful esk8 I ever had.

This new LY Switchblade received all internal components of the Century as it was a bulletproof setup.

Bladerunner is based on the combination of Switchblade and runner and it was inspired by my favorite science fiction 80s movie.

I must state that at this point, 10/10/2019, this is still a work in progress

Landyachtz switchblade enclosure

Custom made motormounts made locally in 7065 aluminum

I modified the position of the front and rear trucks by extending the length of the deck baseplate holes, this modification allowed several improvements on the build, it fix the wheelbite issue with the deck at maximum steering, it helped to mount the motormounts outwards without touching deck/trucks, it increased the wheelbase and lastly, the esk8 looks now fucking sick :smiling_imp:

This is how the board looks right now, I’ll have better pictures as I move forward with the build but things are mooving fast :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

I made a couple more of installs:

Rear red Shredlights:

Front shredlights:

New Bergmeister black hubs with tires

Profile picture:

22 Likes

very nice build, love the parts list.

2 Likes

Fuckin love those motor mounts

3 Likes

Yesssss. You set that bar high with that Subsonic Century… this continues the tradition. :grin:

4 Likes

Board is finished and it’s plesure to ride with such low stance :slightly_smiling_face:

Pending jobs:

1. Change the on/off switch to the rear baseplate and the charger port to the front baseplate
  2. Paint the motor mounts to red
  3. Paint the crossbars to black
  4. Change the grip tape to glass frit

21 Likes

Wow! Ground clearance looks perfect in drop-through with Bergs! Making me feel stupid now because I thought top-mounted would be the sweet spot. Let me know how it rides / handles speed-bumps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get home to pick up my Tsg pass and take the first ride.

I’ll keet you updated @rusins

5 Likes

That stance! Looks sick my friend. Running drop through with those Bergs tickles me in all the right ways. Looks like you added another sports car to the shop :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks man! Using a drop though deck allowed me to make it look like a low rider, like a sports car with lowered suspension, wheels look bigger, ride is more stable and looks like a fat ass quarter miller

4 Likes

So I’ve been riding this board for 3 days now and I’m love already, the deck stuff but not as stiff as the Evo, it’s my most comfortable board to ride not only because of a subtle flex but the height of it, it’s very low but I can go over every speedbump in my area even the big ones.

What I like the most is the smooth acceleration and huge torque, it feels like flying, I wasn’t convinced with gear drives after trying 2 different brands, it just made my riding experience less enjoyable, now with belts all the fun came back in a rush.

The deck is not as controlable as the Subsonic Century because of the angled wedges but it’s pretty stable that I can go full speed without any single attempt to wobble, the surfrodz are the main part of the reason.

I really love the custom motor mounts they are really tough and the crossbars just made them indestructible, there is not way to misalign the motors at all, I can adjust the belt tension very easily with the idler adjuster.

Things to correct:

1. Move the trucks further away to avoid front wheelbite at maximum steering
  2. Paint the motor mounts and crossbars with mate black electrostatic paint
    3.chsbge the griptape with glass frit (already on the mail)

10 Likes

Looks sick man, I love that you’re becoming a frit convert. @Sender must be proud

3 Likes

A “frit convert” :joy:that sounds queer

2 Likes

Here is the part list for people interested:

Surfrodz 45 200mm RKP
LY Switchblade 40" deck
Switchblade enclosure from eboardsperu.com
Bergmeister hubs, tires and wheel pulleys
Maytech 6374 170KV motors
18T motor pulleys from dickos
Custom motor mounts with idlers
Custom crossbars
Shredlights SL-200
12S4P Samsung 30T
Bestech HCX-D122 charge only BMS
Focbox Unity
Flipsky VX1 remote controller
Metr bluetooth module

6 Likes

Almost finished, it’s a real pleasure to ride!

New Shredlights SL-200 mounts installed:

The enclosure has a few scratches already and it’s holding like a skid plate:

16 Likes

So I think this is my new favorite build on the forum. Love my switchblade. I can imagine this is an incredible board to ride :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks man! I’ve tried so many different boards and this one feels like the perfect one, I know I’ve said this everytime I build a new board but maybe the build quality and parts list improve and final result is always better.

I thought it es going to be too long but I would change it for a smaller one now, the length is perfect

2 Likes

Mine is the 36. I’m pretty short tho so it works for me. I’m also on urethane (abec evolve 107) so it’s a bit different.

2 Likes

Yo should try pneumatics on that deck, it’s like you can go virtually anywhere, no need to restrict the paths you take anymore, on a side note pneumatics look killer if you use a drop through truck mounts

1 Like

Since I’m running standard caliber trucks at the moment, pneumatics aren’t really an option :confused: