The battery builders club

I have the b- connected to the negative of the battery,I have the c- connected to the negative of the charger. and the positive of the charger is connected to the positive of the battery.

1 Like

sounds good to me, but I’ve only built 2.5 packs so far.

Show us the wiring.

Hi, i’m making a triple stack battery without flex (for a shortboard)
Would this safely work with 2 0.2 x 25mm strips for the series connections? I plan on only drawing 50A max. I don’t really want to use wires because those are quite thick.

@tech.shit
@Linesflag

I have four 5s lipos wired into 5s2p I didn’t show the parallel connections but they work as is

With 0.2mm nickel you’d definitely be in the safe zone for drawing 50A with a ~3 cell wide connection like that :+1:

1 Like

Where is the main negative lead of the BMS? Also, are you running the BMS in discharge or bypassed?

Yes, those are plenty, even a single 25mm would be enough. Are you running a 6p pack?

There is no main negative lead, as I am running in bypassed. It should go to the B- pin on the 11pin connector right?

So you are running the charge ports negative lead to the BMS on the C- pin, but the B- is not connected to the pack, am I getting this right?

If that’s the case, this will not work. The BMS will not charge over the balance connectors, B- must be connected to the pack as the diagram you just posted shows.

You could bypass the charging aswell if you connect the charging port directly to the pack, although this is not advisable. Also the BMS would still be not enabled, as it has no main negative lead.

I assumed I connected to the B- through the 11 pin connector? So I also need to connect the negative balance wire to B- as well?

Yes, although it’s better to run a thicker gauge wire directly from the main negative of the pack to B-, as it will handle charging amperage

Ahh gotcha. So in theory this should fix my problem?

Yes, assuming you did everything else correctly.

1 Like

Done

10 Likes

looks very good!

It has some flex to it, it a kinda stiff flex though

3 Likes

It charges, but I dont want to fully charge it because i have no way to discharge it. So I will keep it at storage voltage untill I am ready to finish my esk8.

3 Likes

Nice work dude!

Is that a tiller enclosure? With flex like that you can rest assured the enclosure will break before the battery does :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Lmao tiller enclosure would probably be the first to break out of anything