The battery builders club

Should be fine as long as you know how to use it properly

use higher temps for unleaded solder, the rest is the same.

1 Like

Ok great

Done the second half

1 Like

done

7 Likes

Nice work dude!

I think it’s important that you have a method of rigidly ensuring that the two sides stay separated from one another.

I often use little 3d printed pieces to achieve this, but i’m sure there are plenty of other options too.

If you wrap this entire battery in heat shrink, there is a very real possibility that the tension could cause one side of the battery to ride over/under the other side.

Some sort of rigid spacer between individual groups and a full lap around with fibre tape should be enough

8 Likes

My enclosure is too thin to allow the battery to allow

1 Like

So I just plugged my board in for the first time, and everything powers up. The only problem is that it doesn’t charge. I wired it as the above diagrams showed. Any thoughts @MysticalDork ?

Pictures of your wiring may be helpful

Got my bms cables wired up

12 Likes

That’s nice and clean. Heck yeah.

In my experience fibre tape is easier then kapton for holding the bms wires down.
At least my kapton tends to come up after a bit

2 Likes

I got my bms all wired up

1 Like

I really dont like the wire set up any suggestions

shorten your runs until it stops making sense to shorten your runs, also nylon webbed sheathing does wonders.

Is it safe to charge?

first of all, why is this backwards coloring? it should be kept consistent for the next steps of assembly.

also what is happening here? can’t quite tell. need a better shot of this connection

I only realized after I finish soldering the connector, but I made sure that the polarity was right.

1 Like

I figured you had the polarity right, and it’s also good that those are keyed connectors but it’s still best practice to keep colour consistency, in case anything needs to be cut you will still know which lines are positive and which are negative.

it looks good, but I would get another set of eyes on it before taking anything I say as advice.