The battery builders club

Whats wrong with the soldering though?? Its the way the wires look all a mess that turns me off about it… kinda like this LaCwa antispark i picked up… no idea what all those wires are for…scares me a lil…havent even attempted to try finding anything about it yet. .

Sweet little 10s2p

I’d reccomend using a bit of a longer nickel strip on the cell connections and going over the edge so you have a balance tab and there is no nickle limiting current, if possible

i.e

1 Like

I was thinking about doing it but for balance leads I’m gonna just solder between cells

1 Like

Does anyone know why my smart BMS (LLT) keeps incrementing the “Discharge overcurrent times”. Nothing is connected to it but open wires I was planning to use lights on. I double checked that there wasn’t an accidental short etc.

Seems like a bit of overkill to me.

Hey,

I’m looking for a battery builder to build a custom pack for a Haya HB83+ in the UK preferably.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve built quite a few batteries for uk folks
I’m def not a pro builder but I can do a pretty good job and so far haven’t had any issues.
If you want someone of more experience then hit @anubis up

1 Like

finally LTT covers about battery building :joy:

3 Likes

LOL…yea, some interesting building going on there. Not sure I understand how he kept creating those sparking events.

Doesn’t advocate for right-to-repair since many of his viewers would blow themselves up but he brings up some good points.

5 Likes

This is their 3rd forray into it, seems like they’re getting a little better but could still learn better safety practices with assembly and running balance wires.

1 Like

Thanks for the contact, Im looking around but if I need something from you I’ll give you a message! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem at all
I personally feel quite confident in building batteries but I haven’t yet proved my abilities to the community so until then I’m going to make it quite clear that I’m not yet a pro builder
When I do build I will always send you lots of pics and am very happy to upload them here for inspection by the community
So for ramble

2 Likes

Tbh the battery built in the video is kinda horrible. Not even fishpaper rings used

2 Likes

yes, it’s bad, but it’s better than the last time they did it.

just like people here, nobody gets it perfect their first or even second or third tries.

LMG (Linus) is currently hiring knowledgables for a lab-style project, it would be awesome if they got someone like Mooch on board to teach them how batteries work and should be handled.

1 Like

Lol thats a great video. Keeps me in business :rofl:

7 Likes

it’s basically an ad for builders like you lol, and he does reinforce the “don’t fuck with this, get a professional” sentiment

Sweet little 10s2p p42a
Just needs charge port and main leads done

3 Likes

Not bad.

3 Likes

Getting better, but try to avoid welding near the middle of the negative terminal

1 Like