The battery builders club

Measure 10 pins then divide by 10 to be sure

8 Likes

Good tip!
Especially since many measure from the outside edges of the two pins and doing that across ten pins has a much smaller effect on the divided-down value.

1 Like

thanks fellaas, yeah google fuā€™d how to meaasure properly. and yes great detective work. was on celly, meant to say ā€œwhich jst these areā€

Just confirming that this is ok
Will be Both a parallel and series connection

Low power 10s2p
2 bricks in series

1 Like

This seems a little concerning. May be worth addressing before cells are no longer removable.

2 Likes

i did
these cells are spares and that was from a test weld one which to cold
i checked and no holes
i will not weld on that point again and it really looks fine and i checked the voltage a couple months ago and now and it has not gone down by anymore then any other cell

Really confusing why you wouldnā€™t just put the groups in a rowā€¦

2 Likes

To be fair thatā€™s a good idea
Not sure why I didnā€™t think of that
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Has anyone of you ever seen such a anti spark switch? Just pulled this out of my brothers board, never seen it before.

3 Likes

Wild lol thatā€™s a huge fuse

Me thinks itā€™s an old vedder style switch. Only vendor I could recall with them still listed

3 Likes

That soldering makes me want to cry

2 Likes

Lots of versions. I like the guy, so hope theyā€™re somewhat decent.

2 Likes

@JeffyJ just exploded one. Not sure which model, there wasnt much left of it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I did. Iā€™m not saying it was not my fault though. I had it running in conjunctuon with a second built in antispark on a flipsky 6.6 esc. Only cause Iā€™d glued the Volokno switch button in and couldnā€™t be fucked taking it out. It worked great on all other escs until the flipsky with in built antispark. And it did work for a while on that setup. Esc is dead too so not entirely sure what happened :man_shrugging:

And it probably burnt as bad as it did because when it failed i thought it was the esc that died. I kept trying to kick push my board but resistance kept getting worse. When i stopped to unplug my phase wires there was smoke pouring out :fire:

2 Likes

Thanks guys :smiley: So from what Iā€™ve seen I can just bypass the fuse, should be okay.

Did yours come with a heatsink? Because this one didnā€™t.

My antispark? No heat sink, no.

1 Like

Does it work? :sweat_smile:

Flawlessly as far as I can tell. Iā€™m just rebuilding his pack from 10s2p to 10s4p and this was build right into the pack.

1 Like