The battery builders club

Thank you for the compliment, @glyphiks Going through this once, I can truly appreciate the god level skills you have.

Recently got this, its great. Spewing i didnt get one sooner

5 Likes

$32 on Aliexpress to the US

2 Likes

But then you don’t get the rgb LED ring and xl fan?!!

I wanna put a 12s2p P26A with LTT BMS in a Meepo V3 enclosure, what’s the best orientation?

Try like this. Easy brick pack. Still ~10mm on top for the BMS.
If you need even more vertical room, you could stretch the stagger a bit like this:

edit: Had a brain fart and only put in 12 cells, not 24. Derp.

1 Like

I only put half the cells in, would be 2 layers thick already

1 Like

20 cells is easy, 24 plus a BMS… I dunno.

Maybe two bricks like this, plus two individual p-groups?

Or add one extra cell to each brick (make each 11 cells) and one extra p-group? But then you’d have a split p…

1 Like

I might just remove the bulkhead plastic and do a front and back 6x2 stagger block with the BMS on top, I really don’t want to split a group

1 Like

Yes I somehow don’t have a pic with it but if you just remove the plastic from one of the sides you’ll be able to fit 12S2P and if you stagger stack it I think you can fit everything easily.

1 Like

Sounds good, guess I’mma have to make some dust

You can do a pretty good job to cut it out with some stout flush cutters/wire cutters.

1 Like

What if I used 14awg wire and 30x.15mm nickel?

12s6p, already in staggered p groups stacked 3 on top of 3. would i be ok to extend my .2mmx30mm nickel beyond the sides then solder 12awg x 2 to do my series connections? obviously the points would be cut off and rounded and there would be fish paper dividing the two halves down the middle.

with series connections to the outside and middle, the balance wires would run on top. i know its not a conventional setup but seems like it should be an OK arrangement?
if not, how would you do series connections? add another piece of nickel that would fold over the top?

i tried to illustrate it with my poor paint skills…

I dont see an issue with it electrically, but practically it looks like it would be a pain in the dick. I’d just use 50mm nickel folded over the top

1 Like

i only have 10mm and 30mm on hand

1 Like

90+ amps, easily. Depending on the cells, they may be the limiting factor rather than the series connection.

Which is pretty much exactly what ShutterShock told you the last time you asked this exact same question.

3 Likes

Lmao thank you for realizing this

2 Likes

@ceasium

2 Likes

Last time I asked about 30x0.2mm this time I was asking about 30x.15.

They are p42a