1. battery is 14
  2. thats 180$

found a better solution

gonna cut out bit of the encclosure and bms will poke out a bit
gonna then cover the poking out bit with some epoxy and maybe a 3d printed part
enclosure is 3d printed in the first place so its no to bad

Sounds like a ghetto solution. But also a cheap solution. :smiley:

Here is a 14s balance charger lol

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/ultra-power-up2400-14s-2x1200w-25a-6-14s-lipo-lihv-battery-charger.html

2 Likes

yep

ENNOID.

( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

3 Likes

Find a bulkhead connector to route the bms wires to and leave the bms at home. No need to cart it around all the time.

2 Likes

I thought this was an Idea enclosure? ABS vac moulded I think?

1 Like

not sure
heard it was abs and assumed it was 3d printed
truth is its not that strong as just from carrying it by the ends with my hands i heard some cracking on the pieces connecting each compartment

2 Likes

was considering but i didnt like the idea

1 Like

Yeah, ABS vac moulded. I built a battery for one. Picked it up with the battery in it and it cracked with the weight of the battery. Does not bode well actually being used as an enclosure. It seemed so brittle.

1 Like

extremely brittle
i also picked up with bat in it and started cracking

Is the board for you? Or is it a build for someone? If they provided the enclosure. Tell them to find an alternative.

yep building for a local guy

That seems crazy to me, I have a 2019 ABS kill-shot enclosure from Dave (yeah yeah I know) and it supported my 35lbs LFP battery for a long time before it got covered in fiberglass. If it cant carry the weight of the battery alone its beyond useless, Idea normally makes killer stuff so Iā€™m surprised he let this slip through the cracksā€¦ Iā€™ll see myself out.

4 Likes

i dont know any details so i would talk to @bigben
i was given the enclosure and told to make a battery for it thats all i did

1 Like

Is it just thin or maybe bad material choice? Im curious as to what made this enclosure flop so bad since I doubt Idea would intentionally ship enclosures that cant hold a battery. Daves enclosures are 1/8" (3.175mm) thick and I think thatā€™s an acceptable thickness for ABS enclosures.

1 Like

Yeah everything Iā€™ve seen of his is great. But this was a departure from normal stuff I think.
Crazy that Shua recounted the same experience with picking up the battery.

2 Likes

for me the cracks formed just on the little pieces connecting each compartment
im going to try strengthening it a bit probably

have you guys seen anyone dissect a BKB pack?

I have an issue with mine and I wonder if it is worth messing with itā€¦
probably notā€¦

I asked about this the other day but no one chimed in. Is it common to put thinner wire gage and connector on B-. I just figured leave the jst plug wrapped in a little fish paper. Am I missing anything?