The battery builders club

Thanks. :slight_smile: Are there any other models available?

Daly can pretty much make you whatever BMS you want, as long as you’re willing to pay (and accept an absurdly large size, in some cases)

1 Like

:joy: why does the 12S one just have to come in literally a larger size than 13S can

1 Like

You can use the 13s Daly for 12s. 12th pgroup will balance twice as fast, which doesn’t really matter.

Ugh I know. I have asked Daly about this several times and never got a satisfying answer.

I even brought this up. I was like “can you just make me a 13s BMS with the last two pins shorted internally, and populate a 12s header?” Nope, no dice.

Pretty frustrating.

1 Like

can I use a 24s bms on a 12s battery for lightspeed balancing

2 Likes

Jesus, battery just went poof

7 Likes

@Trampa this one of the problem packs?

3 Likes

That would be my guess, yes. What was the identified problem again?

1 Like

:cry: :frowning:

6 Likes

metal bolts inside of the battery enclosure. The kinda thing we would have called out if it was posted in this thread.

7 Likes

Fire, it seems. I’m pretty sure the presence of persistent flames caused some damage to the assemblies of the contraption.

13 Likes

He wasn’t carrying the correct equipment to deal with situations like this.

14 Likes

Anyone want some of these Telsa cells for 3.5$ per cell.

7 Likes

by the size for a second I thought they were 4680s but then I read the top right :sob:

3 Likes

Who the hell even uses C cells for anything anymore? I haven’t seen, used or thought about those in literally years lol

2 Likes

Seniors use them for their old filament bulb flashlights or their portable FM radios around here :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely. Last week i told my granny to throw away her flashlight that needs 2!!! C cells which is still worse than a tiny modern flashlight.

1 Like

Lol they heavy and probably like 40.5 lumens

1 Like

Pfft, if that. Given the efficiency of filament bulbs, I’d guess lower.

1 Like