The battery builders club

hell

honestly not the worst thing I ever saw.

It’s not completely terrible from a functionality perspective, but there’s something uniquely fucking weird about it, probably the colors and my hatred for e-tape in general

1 Like

don’t forget the speaker wire

soldering is real neat though.

I respect the builder…you gotta have nerves of steel to build and then USE a battery like this.

2 Likes

Or just be completely unaware of the potential safety issues…a far too common occurrence IMO.

8 Likes

Good point…

1 Like

Anyone have some 20mm by 0.2mm nickel? Only need 400ish mm

Ive got 25x0.15

I still have like half a kilo of that too :joy:

I can cut some 25mm down I guess, I just don’t want to

BY THE WAY: The pack recovered nicely, no problems at all and most importantly, no fucked cells.

2 Likes

Anyone ever checked how out of balance your cells are in the end of a deep discharge? This is the first board I have with a BMS that lets me check it, but seems too much off

Pack made of VTC6, 10S5P, unfortunately the cells didn’t all arrive with the same voltage, some were at 3.8 v and some at 3.6 v, I should have taken the time to test each one for capacity and resistance

The sad part is that this is the only place I can get cells here, nobody ships and no other seller of high capacity cells, it’s that or nothing

Only thing I can do maybe is increase my cut off voltages a bit, that group 1 is what worries me most

Do you own a lipo charger that can balance? This large of a difference will take ages to balance out with a BMS. But you could bring them all up a bit then balance charge each group to 3.7 or whatever setting the lipo balance charger will allow. I’ve done this plenty of times.

I have, but they were perfectly balanced at the start, I’m letting them charge, looks like they are getting closer again

But that sucks, to have to open everything and replace a P group, specially if the vendor doesn’t replace it for free

Hm. The cells seem a bit suspect in that case… Can you balance and charge fully, then stop multiple times next ride for a few mins and get screenshots of the spread as they drain? See if it widens constantly or just dives off at the end.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, will do, and I can also do with my adjustable charger, this is charging to 35ish V, will let it go to 38 next

Better but not great

1 Like

I’d say wait a bit, I had a p-group like that too, but it eventually evened out.

1 Like

3 Likes

Is that black stuff potting compound?

Is it alright practice to make fully potted waterproof packs?

Nah it’s just black hot glue, we like to use it