The battery builders club

Yeah fw updating is scary, especially the part where its expected to fail a couple time lmao

1 Like

:laughing::rofl: fuck me, I started late at night, took 15+ attempts in terminal, I must have had a wonky USB or something.
Was nervous as hell that Iā€™d brick it

same hahaha

10s3p P42A barely fitting in a BKB duo. The pack is curved and has split p groupsā€¦ quite annoying to build.

9 Likes

Nice

Like seeing the effort that you boys have put in got 3 battery builds coming up 2 will be pretty straight forward, but the 3rd although could be straight forward Iā€™m going to try and squeeze as many WH in to it as possible and the enclosure is smaller than the other 2

Iā€™m on the heavy side 110kg so Iā€™m trying to build a battery that will get me a sweet 45-50 k distance whilst also being a top performer?

Iā€™m a simple man a bit of range and speed is all I ask.

Big facts.

That looks slick though. Nice placement of all the bits.

Damn, nice.

3 Likes

How do you guys glue your 8P groups together? Two 4P groups in a 1x4 then join them on either side? Or some other way? I feel like putting them together in the way I mentioned doesnā€™t seem very robust, but if youā€™ve done it, has it held up well?

** Iā€™m asking since I plan on making an 8P pack connected to some PCBs
** in a 4p double stack config

4 Likes

Ah I was going to make a guide for exactly thisā€¦ easiest way to build 8P groups.

I recorded some clips and took a bunch of pics. Editing it all together is such a pain thoā€¦

1 Like

Tbh I donā€™t mind if the method adds more weight or build time, I just want the pack to not vibrate apart lmao.

1 Like

The answer is getting really good at using RTV/neutral cure silicone effectively or using a shit ton of it.

Donā€™t skip fiberglass tape, shrink wrapping the entire pack at the end and it should hold up.

If you build a pack like that, even if it is packed loosely into an enclosure and ridden on too high psi tires it will still survive long enough to have a good time.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where I can get an XLR panel mount that uses a nut on the back?

Also perfectly sized :ok_hand:

Just watched this video and thought it was pretty good. Makes me wonder if I should start adding a resistor when checking each cell voltage :thinking:

I do this using my fancy black hot glue and 100W glue gun. Higher temps make this stuff hold strong as shit. Then I wrap the whole thing really really tight with fiberglass tape, then fishpaper.

2 Likes

Still available, if someone needs a pack.

1 Like

Battery Hookup, Battery Clearing Houseā€¦

What other companies like this are out there that buy and re-sell used/recovered/salvaged cells and packs? Asking for aā€¦ friendā€¦ :smirk:

Big Battery? They are not quite the same as the other two, but worth an email I guess.

Battery Junction?
They donā€™t do salvaged/surplus but they sell a ton of cells.

2 Likes

nkon.nl sells reclaimed cells.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure that they would be interested in buying several hundred battery packs for cell-recovery or re-sale. Thatā€™s kinda the reason that I am looking at BHU and BCH. I should have been more specific in my question :sweat_smile:

Gonna need a US based company for shipping purposes. Again, I should have been more specific.

2 Likes

Jehu Garcia has his own website for that stuff. I donā€™t remember the name but heā€™s the YouTube who does solar walls and custom EVā€™s and such

2 Likes