The battery builders club

I just got a meaty LTT 15s 120a BMS, it’s got 3x 10awg leads going in and 3x going out, do I need to use all of them? Just using the one on the end would be preferable

There’s a copper bus bar on the inside but there’s 9mm of just PCB, looks about 2mm thick and the traces are 8mm wide

120 amps split between three conductors gives 40 amps each, which is pretty conservative compared to what most esk8 and RC folks use. I’d say you’ll be fine with a single wire.

The wire is gonna be fine, I’m gonna have a single 10awg anyways going into the ESC

More worried about melting the traces when it bottlenecks 100A, I have no idea if it’s a surface level trace or a 8x2mm block of copper

It’s a surface level trace, but it’s short and fat enough that it’ll be fine.

1 Like

Would love to see some of you folks more elaborate battery pack designs, ones where you’ve tried to utilise every last space in your enclosure in the pursuit of all that AH goodness.

1 Like

There have definitely been a couple interesting ones, @Skyart and @ZachTetra have done some that squeezed into space

They’re usually a huge pain lol

1 Like

Oh god its absolutely awful, you do the math and you’re like ‘this will work just fine’ and then you put it all together only to find out that there’s an extra 4mm of width on your battery for no reason at all and the enclosure is tapered at the bottom

Just don’t do it, leave a healthy amount of wiggle room unless you wanna cry for a solid few hours

However when it works its glorious, you feel very accomplished

4 Likes

I can imagine, I design industrial switchboards and have similar issues packing in equipment in to small spaces. With boards up to 4000A.

Don’t do it, not worth

4 Likes

It’s just better to have some space for wiring and things like that, so you don’t end up hating yourself and the build

1 Like

I have a 12s7p in my DS hummie and boy is it packed in there with my DV6, buck converter, and maytech receiver

I hate it every time I have to open it lol

1 Like

Squeeeeeze

If you have to put the charge port between the power leads to get it to fit you already fucked up

7 Likes

I understand the need for room is just like to see the creativity that some folks have come up with

Nice looks clean

1 Like

I didn’t make it, but design it and convinced Alex to make it.

Final layout inside:

4 Likes

This was prob my squeeziest. 13s6p that splits into a 6s and 7s for charging

6 Likes

Its just awful. Don’t do it. I couldn’t even fit an LLT and running a small balancer board atm. Will change to a flexi once they are available again though.

1 Like

Last one on earth

Discount: DIYCREW

fuck me thats a hefty price increase. Aussie customs are no joke

It is, but after discount I think I paid around $20 usd more than what I did from simos.
Hope he can get back rolling again soon, chip shortage doesn’t look promising though.
I like everything about the flexiLite other than the FW update process

1 Like