The battery builders club

Hey @xsynatic this you?

for some reason I cannot install the apk :thinking:

2 Likes

How bout this?
vbms.apk (3.0 MB)

2 Likes

Nope :thinking: maybe @moddedlife had better luck?

2 Likes

Fuck man. Tricky

2 Likes

OK, I think Iā€™m ready for a spot welder. Any suggestions? I hear a lot of good things about the k-weld.

Are you doing .15 or .2

1 Like

I have not done any research yet so iā€™m not sure. I will most likley be building with p42a 12s4p to 6p no/very little flex if that helps.

Yes research is needed. If your only building a battery or two maybe not worth the investment but kweld would have great resell value. Malelectrics V4 is cheaper and you can use a car battery and it can still do .2 nickel. Flipsky also has one for around 250 i think.

1 Like

Its on sale right now

1 Like

Only the LR2170SF, a couple of years ago. Good cell but larger and has secondary bottom vent (that needs to be taken into account when building a pack).

1 Like

Right as it finishes it says app not installed?! Iā€™ve never seen that before. No error or anything.

1 Like

Yeah me neither do you have an other smart bms app installed too? I do if you do too that could be it

1 Like

I looked it up. Could be corrupted or it could be this. Can you try deleting your other app then see if it works? I bought the VBMS app right now from the playstore and it works well.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem with the VBMS app! Itā€™s not the apps itā€™s the BMS. Itā€™s not discoverable after a while. Like it shutsdown itā€™s Bluetooth function. Is it the 180s timeout setting or something?

You might have to wake the BMS by pressing the power switch? It goes into low power mode after a while

1 Like

It doesnā€™t have a switch to press? I have to reboot it by using a cell. Surely thereā€™s a way to change this. Worst case is I could have it connect to one of my arduinos and program it to reboot with my secondary remote.

1 Like

Mine had a little 2pin connector for a switch

1 Like

the switch is the black and red wires you use with the cell but I believe it only works as an ON switch and the OFF has to be done via the app. do you have the temp sensors on too ? maybe it could be part of the problem who knows

Do you think mine might have one and Iā€™m not seeing it or mines different?

1 Like

Yeah, I think yours is different. Iā€™ll send you a link to the one I have

1 Like