The battery builders club

same kind of cells used in the Floatwheel battery and other cheaper eboards. they call them tesla cells but like these, are not from tesla’s hands.

1 Like

Thanks for filling us in Foster! What’s the source for that info, so we know?

1 Like

literally nowhere but panasonic makes the 2170 cells, so you could call all of them tesla cells even if not sold to or made anywhere in relation to tesla.

They are back in stock for 2.25 per cell for Tesla cells, which is crazy.

1 Like

That’s how much they originally cost, before your time

3 Likes

They were 2.50 before my time no? Doesn’t matter they’re in my belly now

2 Likes

I’ve got them for 2 a pop

1 Like

@Evwan would be mad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yup. The cyboard battery was a very nice and cheap build, that I dont mind replacing in the near future :wink:

2 Likes

I’m thinking of building a light jump pack for my trampa. But I want it to be versatile.
I won’t be using it too much I think and therefore want the option to put it in the loaner meepo (could be vesc-ified so 12s would be an option too). And also maybe use it for fpv quads (split up as 4s1p/6s1p/4s2p). But not sure on the quad packs, as I don’t fly often…

So I’m thinking about what’s the lightest and still powerful enough option?
I’m torn between these P42A packs:
10s1p: ~700g, 1100W
12s1p: ~850g, 1300W
10s2p: ~1400g, 2160W
12s2p: ~1700g, 2600W

the trampa board has these parts:
etoxx 4:1 helical, MT 170kV 6374, FS6.6 Dual (big one), 15ply hs11, vertigo trucks with superstar wheels and primo alpha tires. Current battery is a 12s6p 30q.

Unless it’s a BIG quad with a very light setup, I think you will be significantly underpowered, especially for FPV.
Unless you meant using the pack to charge flight batteries in the field, which makes more sense.

1 Like

P42A 4s1p, 6s1p and 4s2p are great longrange packs for cruising around and cinematic stuff. 5" or 7" props

2 Likes

True, but you were talking about 10 and 12s above, which had me significantly confused.

1 Like

yeah I would split up the packs for fpv of course and put them in series/parallel for the boards (:

2 Likes

@Battery_Mooch Any comments on this Chart John? have you had a chance to test ony of those Lishen cells?

4 Likes

I have an ANT 7-16S BMS. When I plug it in and start it, I then pair with my phone and then connect to it and open the mayi app. Everything is good all functions of the app work. I close the app, comeback later and try to reconnect with my phone and I cannot connect. Anyone have this BMS, whats wrong? Anyone know what this means? When I restart the BMS and re-pair it works again

Also I don’t understand how the pwd author and change pwd work exactly.

I have an ANT 20-24S, I don’t know if they’re similar or not.

What I do know is, that the apps they give you are garbage, and you should use the VBMS app. It’s a few bucks on the play store, but totally worth it.
Don’t know if it will work with your BMS though, unfortunately.

1 Like

I think it’s the same. They at least have the same product page on Aliex. Thank you I will look into that. @xsynatic you don’t have an APK for it do you? :pray:

Will probably sag Voltage a good bit. I’m not sure how much power is needed for a jumping board but i can sag my 10s2p p42a pack down 6v on meepo hubs. Granted I’m fat at 96kg.

1 Like

Me huh? I don’t even have a smart bms :smiley:

Try this tho

VBMS.ver.V2.1.7.2.build.42.apks (2.8 MB)

3 Likes