The battery builders club

Reading my message again, I can definitely see how it easily could be understood as very eskate specific.

That was not what I meant. I meant generally speaking for everyone who’s out in the traffic whether you’re a car, pedestrian, bike or whatever. Animals excluded for the most part though, as it’s mostly the owners fault depending on the animal.

At the end of the day, I actually believe eskaters are one of those putting the least amount of people in danger.

Here in Denmark, there are also LOTS of times where pedestrians don’t even look to any side when crossing the road, which put us in so much danger, just like you mention. Totally agree that pedestrians, cars and bikes can be just as big a-holes, if not bigger.

I’ve also seen one guy in NYC on a unicycle crossing a red light while screaming and almost hitting a kid, and I got no respect for such behavior either.

So to clear it up, generally speaking, if you’re consciously putting other people in danger by the way you’re riding/driving/walking/behaving, I got no respect for you. It has nothing to do with what vehicle you do or don’t drive, but the way you act.

I stand by my words and I really appreciate that you nicely pointed out how my message can easily be misunderstood :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah yes, classic NYC Behavior. This was a much better re-wording. This makes more sense for others as well since this is saying “if you are trying to hurt someone, you’re in the wrong”.

3 Likes

yep i shouldve also. i had been told in the past it was ok but sadly some other gurus have told me its better to avoid.
next time would def be changed (all other later ones were soldered)

Same here. Along with buying illegitimate parts from the esk8 community. Apparently if you use their links, you are buying fake stuff. Gotta love how broad the community gets.

1 Like

yeah people love to run red lights here. I only do it when there are no cars and no pedestrians crossing, so not often. I get MADE FUN OF for stopping at reds smh

2 Likes

Lol if there’s no cars, I’m definitely hitting my 40mph. Why wouldn’t I? Even if it’s red light.

Whenever I stop at a red though, everyone loves talking about my esk8. They can’t believe it’s DIY.

1 Like

I love when random people ask about my board, then I switch to mode 3 and absolutely take off because 60 motor and batt amps on a gear ratio that favors torque :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

also its always “how much does it cost” and I get to say $550 because I built it myself out of used parts

2 Likes

Here’s hoping to upgrade my battery next year. Looking at the M50As currently. And yeah, they always ask for the cost.

1 Like

my evo build is interesting because I dont know how much i’ve put into it, and I really dont wanna know

1 Like

It hurts me knowing I dropped over 3g for mine. Worth it though

1 Like

I speculate I’ve put about half of that into the evo, but considering I just bought new trucks, motor mounts and baseplates I suspect its more now :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, the beauty of DIY.

1 Like

I was just about to order them lol, i guess polymax 6mm is the way to go

1 Like

I thought that you redid the nickel strip, since it’s still not optimal wiring…

A̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶l̶o̶w̶.̶ The wires should also be spread more across each p-group as mentioned before

If I were you, I’d really try my best to remove the nickel strip and redo it. I think you’ll be much happier with the end result.

2 Likes

The hardest part in making your first pack. The damage could end up bad, but the aftermath would mean so much more.

1 Like

Someone’s hurt. How’ve you been? Haven’t heard from you since that dumb response.

Edit: oh, I see you still got that dumb response thing down packed.

Edit # 2: uh oh. Mr ego got in trouble.

@legend27
i created the same scenario on some practice cells and tried to remove the nickel and it required huge amounts of pulling and ripping and then sanding. i thought its not a viable option. i agree that this way was not perfect. but realistically i dont think its viable to remove the nickel
im considering adding a strip down and then soldering some more wires across there if you think its a good idea (adding prob an extra 2 wires on later cells, will use nickel strip away from the cells)

How did the end result turn out after you removed the nickel strip?

I really think that the more you’re adding from now on, the worse it becomes. It’s adding more points of failure and becomes more messy.

If the end result turned out good with the previous cells you cleaned from nickel strip, go with that. I can’t recommend anything else. Not even with how it is now, which only leaves one option…

If the end result was bad, I’m sure you can find another way to remove the nickel strip.

1 Like

thanks man

with the calculations (rough ones) i did it seems currently this setup should be able to handle the amps required 120-150 max

there is plenty of nickel there and i already have an attached nickel piece which i added the balance wire to so i can add an extra cable from there if necessary (unless thats a bad idea)