The battery builders club

LLT BMS’s also something might never have a P-, they use the same C- and P- in the same port. I use one of those on my ebike since it can do up to 60 or 80amps of discharge (I run with discharge through BMS for my bike cause it’s safer lmao)

It’s hard to do a detailed battery tutorial, it’s what keeps people in business but all the info is all around you for sure, you just haven’t looked in the right places haha. There’s so much behind doing any single part of making a battery, wiring etc… Something that took me a year to understand and master, it’s not the same for everyone but that’s the jist of it. @BenjaminF is very much right, I constantly read up to date; still make the most perfect, stupid proof and safe packs I can as I learn from not only my mistakes but from others.

Internet is a free place to learn anything you want, all you need to do is look for it and take the time to read it. Because those who take the time to do customs and such at their prices; they price and value what they learn/know into their service that would take you the even more time to learnt and master.

6 Likes

Preach :rofl:

3 Likes

I just realized that I don’t even have to double up or do anything weird. One side of the XT 150 is already soldered to some 8AWG wire and the other side will be soldered to the battery terminals directly, which are either 8 or 10.

Yeah it’s 10awg. That’s my bottleneck.

someone asked me to replace the battery for his euc (gotway nikola 100v)
it uses 2 packs of 24s2p
needs a max output of roughly 4kw (the current pack does that)
what cells can people recommend (keeping in mind the cell shortage atm)

thanks

1 Like

7 Likes

You should probably not touch HV batteries with your limited experience.

5 Likes

i have built quite a few successful batteries and want to start doing things properly.
im quite confident i can do this.

sadly due the cell shortage atm most good options are gone for what i would use and therefore im wondering what i can go for
@glyphiks no point overpowering it with high power duracell AAA

1 Like

Just use molicels and be done with it.

If you can’t get genuine molicels, don’t do it.

7 Likes

p42a is way overpowered for this
needs to do like 4kw max

m50a dunno where to get from that can deliver to uk

Don’t. Any EUC failure is catastrophic for the rider. This is not even worth the risk to me who has built a relatively high number of batteries.

10 Likes

P42a or bust

3 Likes

why is it so much more dangerous then a standard pack for esk8/escooters?

Yeah actually i’m in this boat as well.

I wouldn’t touch an EUC with your dick @Halbj613

9 Likes

^^^^^

1 Like

Look up EUC fails on youtube

4 Likes

There exists ways to ride out an esk8 battery failiure.

There doesnt exist ways to ride out a uni battery failiure.

4 Likes

ok fair enough.

if you look at the batteries coming out of these euc though they are dismal. the quality is way worse then anything you see (even from mboards).
lots of sharp edges. no cell insulator rings. no fishpaper etc…

i would have thought putting in a custom battery is the better option

3 Likes

I would have thought that after a few people lost their faces riding EUCs that more people would stop riding them… it seems to have had the opposite effect

9 Likes

i agree tried one. hurt myself. never again.

so when you say you dont want to build a battery for euc’s its just in terms of not taking responsibility when someone loses their face. not that its physically hard to build?