The battery builders club

10s2p 30q rebuilt. The pack was on my daily commuter and it always charged to 40.5v, took it out and found so little fishpaper. Welp I’ll do it myself then. Salvaged all cells, charged the cells individually and put it back together

14 Likes

Where do you oder your copper rod from?

Looks like solid 12AWG wire with the insulation stripped off.

That’s what I’d use.
Cheap, easy, and readily available.

3 Likes

Just Amazon, it’s 14awg

2 Likes

10awg for bigger packs, 12awg for 3p or less, bullet connectors for me. Usually I fit them so tight in the enclosures the xt connectors are in the way. Also allows me to reconfigure modules as I wish later on.

Anyone seen this? 40T cells with 50A discharge
https://www.nkon.nl/samsung-inr21700-40t3-4000mah-50a.html

1 Like

Ya @Battery_Mooch already reviewed these

https://www.facebook.com/batterymooch/posts/2925384637751103

1 Like
4 Likes

I had a few days off work so finished my first battery, well thought I did anyway.

Plugged the charger in, heard a little pop. The charge light stays green (not charging). Just wondering if anyone can give advice on what to look for. Maybe I wired the bms wrong? I check the charger and port polarity before soldering and was reading 50v. Since it went pop it reads 0, guess my chargers bricked?

1 Like

Looks like you have a LifePO BMS (36v), and you used a 50v charger (50.4v is 12s Li-ion)? Also fuse your charge port, itll save your house.

What cells did you use?

4 Likes

Oh dear! I just brought a 12s bms thinking they was the same. I have got one of the fuse holders but was unsure what fuse to use, the ones that came with it are yellow and just says 20 on the top.

1 Like

Sorry my cells are saunsung 40t 12s3p

Cells should be alright, check the p groups. Might be able to get away with just swapping in the correct BMS. Aside from other visible issues.

1 Like

I checked the p groups and they’re fine. I think I found the right bms and won’t have to change the balance leads as the diagram looks the same. It just has an extra cable for charge/discharge. Also ordered a fuse, thanks for the heads up. If I’m getting no voltage reading on the charger is that completely fried you think? I don’t mind ordering another one but what a waste :roll_eyes:

daly doesn’t commercially make a 12s bms. @BenjaminF has some 12S daly bms, or if you wanna open it up you can use a 13s daly BMS and short the 2 last balance leads (I think). I’d just get the duckbatterysystems 12s daly.

1 Like

I did see duckbatterysystems but wasn’t sure if they shipped to UK.

Anyone have an opinion on these? Was thinking about making a 12s1p with these, or for lots of range, a 12s2p
[LG LGZ P34(B) Li-Ion High-Drain Cell – Battery Clearing House]

3 Likes

No but i was thinking about buying some for science. Be the first :1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention, Evan :kissing_heart:

We do :slightly_smiling_face: We have lots of shipping options at lots of different prices. If you go with us, dont forget to use the code “ESK8.NEWS” at checkout for 6.9% off :wink:

1 Like

Whoever suggested paper guillotines and photo book corner chompers for nickel, this is cheating and I love it :smiley:

They’ve probably both paid themselves off in time already

11 Likes