2 Likes

Youā€™re weird lol printers arenā€™t old

2 Likes

Foreshadowing. Just for jokes

1 Like

Youā€™re in luck, I printed some for you :wink:

3 Likes

Haha yeah I know about these I considered it

I want to get some but Iā€™m afraid my battery wires will desolder if I push it any harder :rofl:

2 Likes

I worry about that too lol

1 Like

Hello, I finished my battery but I wanted to see if anyone could check my wiring. I understand how the balance wires and B- connect and I am discharging through the BMS (60A). I want to be able to charge the battery without my loop key plugged in. Also my LTT BMS came with a positive and negative connection (picture below) that was plugged in next to the bluetooth port. I assume itā€™s for an on/off switch, but since I am using a loop key, will it work if I take it out?

Thank you I appreciate any feedback!

2 Likes

Usually a pc case is grounded, if not the power supply surely is.

If your super cautios about static its easier to remove materials that like to make it :smiley: and a lot safer than for example to ground youself to a socket and then work with some faulty equipments and kill yourself :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I havent had that problem :man_shrugging: and I push mine really hard. Itā€™s not like you are unaware of how hot the cables are getting. It just means that your fingers dont burn haha.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still just using a single graphene lipo, and the 5ish cm of 10AWG wires on battery leads get too hot to touchā€¦ The battery itself gets warm but nothing like the wires. I figure when the probes get too hot to hold then its probably good to give the wires a break too.

I think on the Kweld facebook somebody had the wires in their lipo desolder when they pushed it too hard, thatā€™s what got me worried.

Anyways Iā€™ll probably be using two in parallel soon so that wonā€™t be a problem.

1 Like

What if I donā€™t have a pc? Will any of those work?

1 Like

Do you have metal plumbing? I believe it should be grounded.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hello Guys! I hope you can help me in this topic. I ordered a 12s6p 18500 battery. Its arrived around 85% charged. I didnā€™t charged and i used it until its drowned to 5% around, then i charged it fully. Yesterday i used it for 8 kms, then i accelarate on full trottle, it shutdowned when i reached 25km/h (approx). It was close to fall, so i feel dangerous now. I coudnā€™t switch on. I started to charge it, then i can switch on again. I will test today that is it shutdown again. I thought it has cell faliure, but im not sure. What can be the reason of the immidiately shutdown of the battery? Can be settings in vesc? Or the battery is faulty? Thanks for help!

To answer your question, you need to disclose the VESCā€™s Battery current max setting and the maximum amperage of the battery pack. If possible, also the specs of the cells you are using in the battery pack.

So i think my batteryā€™s max amper is 120A. in vesc settings it is 30A/vesc (4 vescs). Should set lower?