The battery builders club

Maybe next spring :sweat_smile: or is it 21

2 Likes

You’re probably better off buying yourself 100 and then just reselling what you don’t use. I just bought 250 from them last week and with a code, it was “DIY” I think, I was still only at $3.05 per cell after shipping.

3 Likes

Can you please take some pics of how the cells are connected with flexible connections or any other weird stuff. That’s an interesting battery

1 Like

fuck. never used, dropped once.

5 Likes

Did the cell break open? Smell? Just cut it off and add another @Prism

1 Like

I made a schematic of what / how it could be connected, it’s a 13s2p on the BMS side it’s a 4 cells wide by 3 cells length ant the top is a 5 cells wide by 3. the 2 ones in the middle tho i don’t know where they are connected

Is that the battery that’s just compression connections?

1 Like

you could remove the kapton tape and the white silicone over the rainbow ribbon, multimeter on the negative or positive doesn’t really matter) from the bms and try every little pins, either goes up or down X voltage, btw are they Li-Ion or LiFePo4?

@hummieee it does seem like compression fit but it’s weirds that small tabs are ‘sticking’ out if it is

1 Like

no, it’s just dented. not looking forward to replaceing that cell tho. so much work…

1 Like

What’s wrong with mboards? Just curious.
Also, petition to rename the thread to “battery builders brotherhood”?

2 Likes

Apparently he makes bad quality batteries or something. I ordered only a few parts from there, but unfortunately those parts are useless on a more powerful built boards.

1 Like

@hummieee

Here are some more photos

And a video

I think they’re a123 lifepo4 cells

5 Likes

bad quality parts usually bad batteries(poorly made) shitty batteries enclosure that break easily, bad costumer support, that’s from what i’ve heard.

@Venom121212 is it raining or someone taking a shower next to you ? xD

that bms is coated with epoxy or what??!?

I think you’ll need to unscrew the bms to be able to have access to the whole wireing, this battery is so fucking confusing not gonna lie

Yeah, boosted boards uses A123 life04 cells. It’s why they’re usually expensive and don’t last long.

1 Like

didn’t they used like 40t’s/30t’s on their other boards ?

Wtf water sounds next to exposed electronics make me nervous… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No, they didn’t. What I heard is that they only did that in their latest or final models, but they actually used a123 lifepo04 in either 1p or 2p (extended range).

Edited: apparently they tried to change it, but ended up with burning boards.

1 Like

that’s dumb they would have way more range with 40t’s and probably just as much amps as the LiFePo4

1 Like

I mean the 40Ts came out in late 2018 if I recall. If it was earlier, it was probably due to the 2nd generation boosted boards catching fire that they decided to keep using the A123s. But I agree, if they actually used 40Ts, the board would had been priced a bit cheaper and would had probably sell more.

1 Like

Haha it is pouring outside and I was in the garage helping a local dude upgrade his bkb duo

5 Likes