The battery builders club

Guys will a 30mmx0.2 nickel strip be capable to hold the amps on a 16s5p 30t battery?
So the amps will be about 150 if im correct
Is there a table or calc to look at where i can see the amps a certian piece of nickel is capable of?
Kr

3 Likes

fuck the corner chompers with this shit hanging off

hopefully this one works, I heard good things about it

4 Likes

which way will the current be traveling on the nickel? 30mm direction or the longer direction?

This is s schematic of the series connections

1 Like

I’ve been using that one for about 12 months now, best battery building purchase I have ever made. The corner chomper is useless

3 Likes

Depends on gow you configure the pack, but yes, you should be able to use a those nickle straps for 150amps

1 Like

Ohhh I remember it’s this layout, you are good with 1 layer of 0.2 x 30mm everywhere except the side where the series connection is on the end and makes a U turn. You will need to use many layers or wire/flat braided cable.

1 Like

I just realized that’s my drawing of the nickel.

Just fold the nickel over the the side like shown with fishpaper underneath and use 2x 12AWG or a thick flat copper braid in place of the black line.

1 Like

Great thx very much tht makes my pack nice and compact
Thx again man!!

Nah you f%^* the cable befor you rip off the solder point the heat and solder make a weak brital point were then converge with the cable

It gives you a bit of slack to cut strip and dress nicely and any imperfections of length are only 1/2 as noticeable because there shared between the to and return as well as easy to hide by altering the radius of the turn.

Would you drive a sports car with lose wheels. Why solder if you make s*+% connections. Fix the cause not part of the faults thay cause

1 Like

Is there a good way how i can calculate how much amps a certain piece of nickel can provide?

1 Like

Here is a good tutorial:

3 Likes

Thx very very much thts exactly what i was looking for

1 Like

Do these welds look ok I had to go pretty high joules to get the second 0.2 layer stick

3 Likes

Looks too slow, needs more current but less pulse

2 Likes

is this a good way to build a pack? is there any weeknesses in this layout? I will use one layer of 0,2mm 25mm wide nickel and 21700 cells.

1 Like

Looks good to me, though if you want it to be more square, you can do a 12s6p layout like this. Its a lot more work but it fits into a pelicase better.

7 Likes

You can stagger it, that gives you a little better of an aspect ratio

1 Like

It would probably make using 25mm nickel easier too

1 Like