The battery builders club

Thin is fine. If it gets hot get thicker wires. 1a at 4v is not many watts, I’d make up a 2 pin connector so you can just plug it into each P group. If you tear off the shielding of a female servo connector it works pretty good.

1 Like

yep my plans exactly. gonna make the connector when i get home tonight. thx

I’ma stop being stupid.

I’ll just make a 13S1P or 2P 40T pack.

I think that’s the reasonable approach that would actually fit.

1 Like

Just to be clear this is NOT MY BATTERY. I would never build something that looked as shitty as this.

This is a 14s2p with bms. Owner claims the case needed some dremel work, and the middle row of battery sits lower in a U shape so the BMS has clearance. If you do this, please do it better.

2 Likes

Thanks for the picture!
Not enough documentation out there

I have some manufacturing and design skills so I think I would have to copy the Two-x bumps in the clearance under the board due to 21700.

I would use HDPE to try to make it bulletproof.

Lol I kinda want to cut part of the foot pad out to get a couple cells right there because there’s so little room below.

1 Like

Try messaging soren, I just got my two-x repaired by him and he swapped the prototype enclosures out for the nicer injection molded enclosure. If you ask nice, he might sell you the older enclosure. Bolts up nice, and holds quite a bit. I’d just use the rear pad enclosure and offload some of the cells into it. That way the front pad is fully clear for a floatplate and you can do curb tricks with it still.

1 Like

Woah awesome!! I’ll see what’s up with this Onewheel when I have it in a week, maybe I can fix the Battery.

Getting an enclosure for it sounds really sweet… Wish it was a + :slightly_frowning_face:

10S1P 15Ah 150A constant work in progress. Where do the Aussies on the forum get their PVC wrap?

10 Likes

@Dareno can you help your brother above please??? You too slowly…

Do you care about voltage sag at all? The sag of a 1p 40t pack might disappoint you if the onewheel actually does pull high( 20-30 )amps…

30t, although 1000mah less per cell, might be your best bet for a sagless experience

1 Like

Yeah I just set the date to buy it for friday, I’ll figure out what I can fit but hopefully a 14S2P 21700.

Seems like adding a custom enclosure is very possible. There just isn’t a lot of room to expand into.

Hobbyking bro. Aus warehouse and you get it in days. Love hobbyking. If its just shrink tube then Jaycar off the shelf or any Mr toys toyworld outlet in the RC section.

1 Like

Love Hobbyking, I’ve got a servo tester en-route, but just last night thought that if I’m going to build a battery, it might as well be semi-decent so better get PVC shrink tubing.

Not sure that kapton is really necessary in my application, since contacts won’t really ever come close to touching, and even then it’s LiFePO4 chemistry.

1 Like

We may be talking cross purposes here. Are you talking the wrap that we traditionally use around packs?

Yes I am.

1 Like

Shit I can not find it now. They had 100mm up to to 250mm on there last time I bought some.

Back to Amazon or Ebay then.

Did find lockable XT60’s though so not a complete fail

1 Like

Can share?

1 Like

Ive only been able to find it from china… aliexpress or ebay

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the max size is 100mm, and since my cells are 175mm including screws by 40mm, plus add some for the bus bars and balance leads, I’m going to need 250mm width.

1 Like
1 Like