The battery builders club

This looks way better than the ts irons

3 Likes

I would get this again in a heartbeat.

SG$ 54.09 26%OFF | KSGER T12 Soldering Station Iron Tips STM32 V2.01 OLED DIY Kits FX9501 Handle Electric Tools Welding Tips Temperature Controller

I got extra C4 and K tips.

6 Likes

Yeah, a while back I was looking for something to replace the regular style iron I was using. Kept reading about the TS irons and ended up trying a TS80, but it just didnā€™t do much. After all the hype I had read, I was pretty disappointed. Couldnā€™t do large pads or larger wire.

After seeing the T12 cartridge stuff, it was a VoltLog review that pushed me to try that KSGER, despite the flaws reported.

I didnā€™t go through all the modifications that I saw some reviewers doing, just one to insulate the heatsink in the case from the board

Since I got it, itā€™s been fantastic. No failures, works perfectly even though I never calibrated it, and has more than enough power to do what I need.

It used to take forever to reflow an XT90 cup, now it takes seconds.

Some random tips didnā€™t seat right, so I sanded their plastic butts down a bit and that fixed them up. Just have to check distance from the butt to the first contact ring and make sure theyā€™re seated.

Iā€™d buy this iron again if I had to.

4 Likes

Lemme see the other side of that. Looks clean

1 Like

it was very nice for a first try!!! no practice

in the front there was my special SMART BMS holder over the termails, saved about 12.5mm length and that would have made or broke then dual TB6 fitting.

not sure if I should cut to allow flex or not, it is in a Eboosed enclosure on a sendered deck so there is 0 flex there

2 Likes

do top mount batteries need any flex? or can all series connections be nickel?

1 Like

Look at the packs @ducktaperules makes

2 Likes

@Halbj613

2 Likes

Nice thanks I assume no flex needed

Thanks

Gotta go to a doctor now cause I got a blob of solder in my eye so will do the stuff later

Took apart my pack to the point that Iā€™m just at p groups

images - 2021-01-31T230258.831

10 Likes

not quite

tenny blob under my eye lid which he had to get out

all good now

1 Like

Glasses ftw. Also I saw someone on here had like a big magnifying light thingy that also blocked any fumes or splatter. Seem like a pretty solid idea.

6 Likes

yeah i know

got some goggles which i never wore def gonna start now
was not a nice experience

2 Likes

finally

gonna remove the positve one and use the neg for balance leads along the side

this is for a top mount pack also fishpaper will be redone as there are some holes in some place

1 Like

I would just wrap them in kapton fishpaper is ass to peel off

1 Like

cheers will do

I never solder without safety glasses, this is exactly why

5 Likes

exactly
def gonna start
not worth that happening again

anyone know nickel sources in the uk? fogstar dont have the right size as i want 30mm wide or 15mm wide at 0.2 and they dont have either of those

1 Like

they have 20mm i think. can you just cut that down to size?

just checked they have 25mm could always cut that down. its all the same price anyway so not like its costing any more :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yeah i know just cant be bothered cutting 25mm is just to small to cover 2 cells and 20mm is to big to cover one
if i have to i will