The battery builders club

When did this come out? I didn’t know it existed

3 Likes

About half a year ago xd

2 Likes

The more you know

Ya boy is strugglin’ to crimp JSTs, the wire just pulls out of the contacts, any suggestions? Currently doing JST 2.0mm and 22awg silicone wire

1 Like

Are you making sure the very tip of the insulation gets crimped in too?

Yeah, big wing on the insulation and small wing on the wire

Im still with the ts100 which is still decent for most things

2 Likes

I feel like the biggest fucking idiot. This isn’t my first rodeo. WHY WONT THESE STICK. Brand new welding pen with 2x fully charged 60C lipos on a Malectrics. All the way up to 45ms and NOTHING. Shit gets hot af but has zero affect on the cell other than a white spot.

1 Like

I was having the same issue, use high voltage and sharp tips?

1 Like

How do I change the voltage on the Malectrics? Look at this shit at 55ms the battery is seeing ZERO HEAT it seems

I’m gonna kms.

Also. It welds perfectly to a 40T cell (rips nickel) right after these fail. What the hell is wrong with the P2A. The positive side welded fine.

2 Likes

Interesting, p42a was the picky one for me too, maybe they changed the metal they make the can out of recently?

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking. Welds are starting to stick at 55-60ms but it’s getting my 8awg cable too hot to touch. This is gonna be a long night

2 Likes

Are you sure they are legit cells? Where did you buy them?

Bulkbattery. Close to 0 chance they’re fake.

Edit: finally got one P-group welded lmao

I think my welder is mad at me

1 Like

I got mine from IMR I think, and same issue

I got my 100 P42A cells from Bulkbattery 9 days ago and they welded very nicely at 45J for the KWeld
68f19657c91488c86dbb908369f72b0fc29b85c7_2_666x500

6 Likes

What nickel are you using? Sexy welds btw

4 Likes

I’d sell my GME for welds like that damn

3 Likes

Thanks!

Its the 0.2mm x 30mm Ali nickel from Steel City Store

I love it. I use it for everything.

The welds don’t look super strong but they leave flags and start to pull the can outwards a little when I rip it off.

2 Likes

Hmm, exactly the same setup yet different results