The battery builders club

The glue gun and led work light are my favorite Ryobi tools. I’ve burnt up most the rest and moved on to Dewalt (for work), but will keep these for sure.

1 Like

My family is a Roybi one at this point… between the 9 devices and 6 batteries it’s too late for us lol. But the quality isn’t bad for our use, like I’ll get my money’s worth from them (especially since the batteries last ‘forever’ :yum:)

2 Likes

I kinda wanna get the Roybi soldering iron too so I don’t have to work in a sink anymore…it’s between that and a TS80

2 Likes

They are solid for home use for sure, I retired all mine to that purpose. Everyday in the field use is what works them to their limits.

We got some smoke from the reciprocating saw after cutting a building in half lol

2 Likes

Got the ESC working and the battery is holding up fine, just have to mount the enclosure and then I can start testing

1 Like

Oh wonderful! Do you know what happened?

Forgot it came with a physical switch that I had to plug in and use lmao, probably one of the dumbest mistakes I’ve made. Before I button it up I’ll just short the switch pins so I can use the loop key properly

1 Like

Dude for real, it’s the only thing I will use now. My friend makes fun of me for how much I praise the black hot glue, but it’s great stuff!

1 Like

I like my TS-80 but find it a bit lacking in pure power sometimes. For big 10AWG stuff I have to rely on my 40W weller wall iron that is way better than it should be

Maybe I just need to crank the temp on the TS-80 a bit more. Anyway, it’s super awesome to be able to solder off of a power bank though.

Hows the ryobi glue gun? Does it heat up quickly and have enough power to get through gluing a whole pack?

Mine won’t run off my power bank. Assume it has to be 3.0 to work?

Yeah needs to be QC 3.0 since it runs at a higher voltage (9v technically)

1 Like

I feel like the Roybi should have more power output since it’s a bigger machine, but then again people also speak highly of the TS80 so it’s hard to decide…I can make bigger batteries for both so that’s not the issue

The Roybi heat gun takes like 5 minutes to getup to temp but I can get through gluing a whole battery without issue (I can feel it cooling off if I go crazy though so it’s not the highest quality, but I’m tempted to fuck with the internals to overclock it)

1 Like

Hmm yeah seems to be the case with most of the ones I’ve tried.

My parents have this black one from Sears that we’ve had for like 10 years and I haven’t found anything as good as it yet.

Cool, is it only one braid per series connection?

Yeah, 2 layers of nickel and 1 layer of braid, but the braid is rated for 100A easily

1 Like

Nice. I think a 10AWG wire would counter that stiffness issue.

I got the Milwaukee 12v soldering orin, not sure how similar it is to the ryobi one, but I am a bit disappointed with it. It doest heat up that well and there is no temp adjustment.

1 Like

Let me introduce you to the Pinecil:
USB-C PD/QC3 and a barrel jack at 12-21V

1 Like

Get the TS80P. It’s 30W instead of the 18W normal TS80.

That thing takes like only 5 sec’s to heat up (:

4 Likes