The battery builders club

For free? Yea sure.

Selling? i’ma be honest no one’s gonna buy them

1 Like

I probably read most of this entire thread before I even started and really put 110% into my work, and my first and second battery turned out significantly better…

20 Likes

i know

in hindsight i should have done this much better

thanks and as i said gonna do this right when i do again

2 Likes

HotCavernousHagfish-max-1mb

9 Likes

Yes it does, the 12S-16S are the same PCB just shorted intertnally. I have 16S Daly’s on hand if you need.

2 Likes

Can I be honest, Shua? I dig your excitement and passion for esk8 in general, but I believe you lack the patience and the careful attitude needed to build a safe and sound battery.

Why not just buy a battery from someone who has the mindset and skillset to do it right?

14 Likes

Shua…why

11 Likes

Big yikes. This is why I have other people build batteries for me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Halbj613 I know I’m a little late to the party, but long 12s packs with an LTT BMS can turn out very well, this isn’t the best pack but it’s still pretty clean, see how there’s a single layer of fish paper an all the balance leads are taped before a lead comes off the side and how it’s anchored at the bend with HMA? This is definitely the easiest way to format it, you start on the BMS side and go a parallel group pair at a time, as a note HMA is stronger than kapton but tape is definitely easier

13 Likes

This is genius, been thinking of making series connections in a similar way on 6p pack, how is the pack holding up?

5 Likes

Honestly I have no idea, I sent it to @MacKeeper28 at the start of the week and he immediately had some issues with the ESC. After making it I would have preferred a longer tab to solder to because the braid is stiffer than I’d like but it’s definitely good for the current at least and it’s low profile

3 Likes

You’re the king of hot glue.

4 Likes

Plans changed, I think I’m going to need to either find a 16s smart BMS and configure it for 15s, or get a 12s and add three wires for 15s. If anyone has some 16s lmk.

Bruh those black hot glue sticks are :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: and the portable Roybi hot glue gun is so nice

8 Likes

I have a Daly 16s if you want to mess with it

1 Like

I agree :+1:

3 Likes

Fucking hell what is that battery!?

3 Likes

Lol, the 9ah one, the 1.5s are better suited for the gun though.

1 Like

That’s fuckin’ monstrous :joy: but yeah I prefer the 1.5Ah too for this

2 Likes

No one thought to tell me about this?

4 Likes