The battery builders club

The cell cavity is only 8 cells wide so the only easy efficient options are 12s2p and 6s4p in there

I think you can do a 9s3p 18650 though

1 Like

ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not meant to be a powerful board I guess

1 Like

and yet

someone wants 13s

the universe is increasingly queer

1 Like

i dunno the scienceā€¦ but that board seems specced out at a 10s3p 30q battery which is probably purrfect with a 12s daly shorted to 10sā€¦

but iā€™m the k00kā€¦

@yelnats8j has a 12s5p 30Q by using both compartments for cells only, the ESC is top mounted and the BMS is external

Lol that would still have the lonely cell group

1 Like

apparently weā€™ve both embraced the lonely P group and the unfortunate deck designā€¦

Honestly if I had to do it again it wouldnā€™t be that bad, I just donā€™t want to use that large of a BMS ever again

Itā€™s a perfect 12s2p 21700 pack though, I have a Unity and dual 6354 motors running of a 12s2p P42A which I think will be perfect

Maybe a dual 4.12 and 5055 motors would be good too

1 Like

this would go all the way back to rule #1
get the deck and enclosure of your build firstest

okā€¦ weā€™ve solved all thatā€¦

as unusual as it appearsā€¦ your quality shine thruā€¦ you build a good pack brother

1 Like

I mean it does fitā€¦ There enough room for a 12s3p 18650 and dual esc still

1 Like

:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

Youā€™re too nice, also why didnā€™t the blush face work?

1 Like

Molicelā€™s current ratings are for non-continuous use like power tools, electric vacuum cleaners, and some EVā€™s. Thatā€™s not a problem but we canā€™t use those numbers for directly comparing Molicels to any others.

My ratings are true continuous ratings and can be used for comparing cells. My ratings also take into account voltage sag and loss of deliverable Wh/Ah. That is, I donā€™t allow excessive voltag sag. This typically only seen on the ultra-high capacity cells, above 3000mAh for 18650ā€™s and above 4500mAh for 21700ā€™s.

2 Likes

no seriously
this is battery clubā€¦ you build damned safe, quality batteriesā€¦ the n00bs looking on this thread should emulate the gUUd shit you and others post hereā€¦

iā€™m gunna have to pst sum pix of my crap here againā€¦

2 Likes

If Iā€™m setting my vesc to stop at 90 battery ampsā€¦ two layers of nickel would suffice. .2mm 10mm wide.

Input. I want to be lazy. Thinking of putting a thermistor next to the nickel and doing some load tests. I think 2 layers will suffice,. The second kayer starting at the third or fourth cell in parallel to save nickel.

For science. What can I get away with.

3 layers would surely work perfectly

1 Like

The geometry makes a big difference, the layout will greatly affect the current distribution

Moving the connection from the end to the middle cuts the max current in half

1 Like

Iā€™m aware .

But going for speed

And all wires/ balance to come out one end.

Maybe Iā€™m not optimally laying these outā€¦ r Iā€™ve been known to have brain farts

Btw that stuff is ideally 20A per strip

1 Like

How are you doing series connections? If you have the 1:1 series connections you are fine, if itā€™s the ends that bottle neck do this

(10awg stripped and soldered down the entire length)

2 Likes