The battery builders club

Hm…any ideas from anyone? Nothing seems to be wired wrong; should i try a new bms?

Check all your p-group voltages.

If those are fine, try removing the BMS entirely and just charge the bare pack.

2 Likes

I’ll double check them in a bit; last time reading off the positive of the whole pack and each balance lead, each pack was about 4 - 4.1v.

So removing the bms and charging the pack directly works; I shouldn’t charge all the way, right? in case it overcharges a p pack?

**sorry for the spam guys, I’m at a loss as to why the bms won’t work. Though it seems to be charging just fine and each pack is within 0.01v of each other which is nice

Correct.

Can you take a really good, clear, full-frame photo of your BMS with all the connections visible?

2 Likes

Your wish is my command:

I know its by far not the cleanest looking but I made sure the joints weren’t cold as penguin balls and i organized the wires as best i could.

P- is not connected
b- pad is wired to the negative end of the xt connector
c- pad is wired to fuse then to negative end of charge port
Positive end of charge port goes to pack positive

That’s right, right?

wait i just realized you said bms, not battery:

1 Like

Looks kosher to me. Bit of a headscratcher.

2 Likes

Damn, okay. Im gonna pop open the bms and see if something maybe popped. I’ll try a new bms soon. Thanks for the help!

**edit: nothing seems to be wrong with the bms after opening it up… no cold joints, no solder balls, nothing burned. :confused:

1 Like

I can’t see if the wires are in the correct location from your pic.
did you check the voltages at the BMS connector? I am in the habit of obsessively checking that they are in the right order, and without fail right before I plug it in for the first time.
Sorry if you did this already, I’m just reaching here.

1 Like

No worries at all, Ik its a common mistake esp for noobs. I wouldnt be surprised if that was the issue but i don’t believe it is this time; my black balance wire at b- goes to the negative end of the pack, and subsequent wires go in corresponding order until the last pack on the positive side with 2 balance wires connected.

Voltage wise everything checks out at about 4ish volts increasing per pack as I go up the balance connector; though after directly charging it some are a touch over 4.2 with one pack as the outlier at 4.15

I have heard of BMS’s basically giving up if the voltage difference is too great.

do you have any way to supply 4.2v? like a single cell charger? you can poke a wire into the balance port and balance manually by charging them all to 4.2v. the balance feature of these BMS’ are quite weak…

1 Like

Yep, i actually got one to charge my p packs earlier and they charged up to 4.17 at most.

like the female connector on the bms?

**wait that doesnt make sense do you mean the male connector?

the female connector on the bms wire bundle. the part that plugs into the BMS. where you just checked voltages. you can check voltages and charge individual cells by taping into adjacent pins.

1 Like

Mine have balancing. 8-16s one BMS. Multiple configurations

3 Likes

I need help with the configuration of my intelligent bms, it is for 12s4p p42a I have the xioxiangBms app, if you could send me screenshots of your configurations it would be great and so I can configure my bms please

If you are on iPhone then you app looks different than this. You should be able to find all the corresponding settings and configure them like this however. If not, post a screenshot of your settings page and let me know what setting you are confused about.

2 Likes

Ever since you arrived, I’ve been really into reading through this thread. I’m honestly learning a lot while having a good laugh every now and then :+1:

1 Like

It’s only charge bms

I make dis.

Keywords: SmartBMS app guide instructions how to settings configuration configure help SZLLT tool xioxiang BMS

3 Likes

Which settings do you have questions about?