The battery builders club

I only have this

Looks good so far. Turn on “balancer enabled” and if you want it to only balance while its on the charger, turn on “bal. only when charging.” Otherwise it will constantly balance your cells, which could eventually drain your pack down to your cut-off voltage (over the course of weeks or months without charging, such as when you are storing your board.)

Also, set “Delta to balance” to 5mV or something like that.

1 Like

Do I leave the other values ​​blank?

1 Like

Anything that you set a “Trigger value” for, you have to also set a “release value”

I dot understand

See where it says “Trigger value”? Right next to that it says “Release value.” The trigger value is what causes the action to happen. The release value is what turns off that action.

For example, if one of your cells gets to 4.21v (4210mV, your “Trigger value” for “Cell over voltage”) then the BMS will stop the charging. It will stay stopped until that cell drops below the “Release value.”

Notice in my settings where it says “Overvoltage” and “Overvoltage release”?

2 Likes

in this part ?

No, enter the release value in the column labeled “Release value.” Leave the “Delay” column blank.

2 Likes

Ok so

It’s ok?

Ignore these

Set “Delta to balance” to 5mV or something like that.

The rest looks good.

1 Like

Thanks brother

1 Like

Sure thing! It should charge now, and you should be able to see it balancing (if your cells need to be balanced). If it doesn’t charge for some reason, let me know!

1 Like

Look

I’m gonna have 4 x 8P (double stack) groups sharing a section tray in an enclosure.

1 | 2
--+--
3 | 4

What do I use as the separator material? Rubber mat?

Each P-group will be wrapped in fish paper. I have seen material separating P-groups in pics, but I am unsure what it is.

I’m glad to hear :blush:. I’ve been learning a lot too haha

1 Like

A rubber mat would definitely work. Dense foam as well, i guess for more vibration /sound reduction. Shrink wrapping doesn’t hurt as well. Maybe even an old yoga mat if you have one lying around you can cut up

1 Like

A popular choice is those flexible dollar store cutting board mats

4 Likes

Looks good! Anything particular you want me to look at?

1 Like

No anything

1 Like

It’s ok
Can I disconnect the charger?

2 Likes