The battery builders club

How long is a kg of 30mm. I just need enough for 12s3p P42A

So dude.
Is the stuff you get flexy?
Like if you spool it does it bounce back or does it stayed spooled?

The last 0.2 x25 and this 0.2 x30 seem stiff. And they bounce back.

The 0.2 x 25 and 0.2 x 10 I have from before seem way more flexy and do not bounce back…

1 Like

3 Likes

I wonder if it has to do with the amount but in my experience the nickel has always tried to explode out of the roll if you take your hand off it and there’s no tape/zip tie

2 Likes

Here is the 30mm (that was 25mm), the 25mm just came out of the packaging and the 30mm has been out for a day

1 Like

That is comforting.

Yep. You sure got a bunch

It’s a hair over 1000g of each

1 Like

If you’re doing individual parallel groups and wire bridges then 1200mm will be the amount, if you’re just doing a 2 half folded pack then 700mm is enough

2 Likes

Individual parallel groups with wire for series. Going into a Trampa Carver. Are you openly selling now? If so, I can send moneys

1 Like

Well.
Testing the solder on the new 0.2 x 25 and 0.2 x 30

All good.

Yanked the crap out of it in all directions… And it stayed put.

But dude.

This 0.2 x 30mm stuff is super hard…
Really does not seem right.

1 Like

4 Likes

Yes sir! How much do you want? I think the exact minimum is 1248mm, 24x 52mm

1 Like

Did you scuff it up and salt water it for a few days?

1 Like

Yes.
The 0.2 x 25mm anyways. Had that for a while.
Did fine in the brine test.

The new stuff 0.2 x30mm I just put in salt today. But I am not feeling good about how stiff it is…

I think I’ll be good with exact minimum! Thanks!

You got it, lemme check pricing

1 Like

@Jujo and anyone else who wants it I will be redistributing the 30mm * 0.2mm pure nickel at $6/m, shipping is $8 for Express and $4 for standard in the US

PayPal (+3% if G&S) me your delivery address, email address, and how much you want. I’ll try and ship it within a day or so, and tracking will be linked to the email

I have been scammed for the 25mm * 0.2mm stuff, they sent me the wrong item :sob::sob::sob:

Edit: I’m out of material! I might do another order though

3 Likes

Is it cool with you that I round up pricing to the nearest half meter? I prefer whole numbers when I send money. It makes spending slightly better in my head

1 Like

I will happily do fractional amounts, I can cut to within 5mm so order with your accuracy accordingly