The battery builders club

Really fucking proud of this whole LIPO 12s setup I just finished. About an hours work. Smarts BMS, 4x 3s series connectors, balance wires going into Lipo JST connectors. No mods on the Lipos. Going to go through airport security like hot biscuits.

3 Likes

Lol thatā€™s so much extra space in there, you can pack in so many more toys before youre gonna have issues

3 Likes

:rofl: Could have gone 6x2s instead of 4x3s but canā€™t find any 2s batteries larger than 8000 mah so would end up with the same WH regardless.

1 Like

Bruh at least get some fancy lights in there or a snack compartment. Many be a wireless remote and phone charger

2 Likes

anyone have a picture or diagram of a 6p offset-double stack battery I could reference? I wanna see how youā€™re doing the series connections.

Iā€™m thinking of arranging the cells like this, with a channel in the middle to run the wires down.

2 Likes

If you have the height I would make a tab on each battery (folded over the cell) and connect with wires, otherwise make a folded pack with all the folds against the deck

1 Like

I should have clarified, Iā€™m actually trying to do the series connections around the sides of the p-groups because Iā€™m a bit cramped for height.

Same deal, just fold the nickel so it sits on the diagonal space then

fuck thatā€¦ ditch the boat anchor BMS and drop-in two moAr lipos

1 Like

18s!?!?!

the big kidz are doing itā€¦ what could go wrong?

2 Likes

He gonna 'splode a Unityā€¦

2 Likes

theyā€™re like unbreakableā€¦ totally bullet-proofā€¦ what could go wrongā€¦
oh yeah putting lights and foofoo shit on an esk8

thatā€™s just wrong

:crazy_face: :doughnut: :dash:

2 Likes

yes butā€¦

now weā€™re getting somewhere

4 Likes

who wants a warm tuna feesh sandwich in a warm enclosureā€¦
now if zachTetris can fashion a refrigerated compartment Iā€™d reconsiderā€¦

I was thinking a slim ashtray-style pop-out tray with some beer nuts. Itā€™s ok if theyā€™re a little warm :heart:

1 Like

see Iā€™m on a different train of thought, i like me a beer nut with my sudsā€¦ but I like my cocktails ice coldā€¦ I could suffer thru some pocket lint with my beer nutsā€¦ but if we could get a freezer in an esk8 use an inter-cooler and pipe up coolness to an insulated back-pack full of adult beveragesā€¦

this has my complete attention

Uhh, I was gonna put hot pockets and poptarts in thereā€¦

2 Likes

so like this but without the handle?

thumb_riding-away-from-everyones-bullshit-like-toceci-toodaloo-muthafuckas-62740457

2 Likes

can we make it to at least heat up hot water for a cup-0-noodles?

see this is where my guud friend Jaypoopoo was going with his fucking heat pipesā€¦ but he let all the science he had out of his bag

1 Like