The battery builders club

@Lunartic These are 10kOhm NTCs

2 Likes

Through which airports, if you dont mind me asking? And which parts did you have in a carry-on and which ones in checked baggage?

Pretty smooth sailing. TSA did put the batteries through the x-ray machine twice tho.

3 Likes

How is this looking? Is the joint still looking cold?

2 Likes

Big thing with parallel boards is to connect via the main leads and let pack voltages equalize for 15 seconds or so before connecting the balance leads.

The main leads can handle a current spike within reason, but the balance leads will melt/light on fire if they are connected with a large difference in voltage between lipos.

1 Like

Plus you get a small roadtrip, those are always fun!

1 Like

The Indian @eindhove is always worth it :wink:

Anyone who know why the percentage always stays at 100% no matter the voltage level?
Is it because I donā€™t discharge over the bms?

First time having a smart bms and I have to say it annoys the shit out of meā€¦ the app looks like trash to me (xiaoxiang)
Thinking about just going back to besttech.

The bms is from Apex customs and so is the APK

Possibly Iā€™m retarded and have my settings wrong but I have looked in the UI and couldnā€™t find anything.

Phone is a opo5t Running android pie (9)

Please free me from my frustrations!

1 Like

How many amps are you planning to pull from that pack?

check the settings.
if the pack voltage max (or whatever) is too low it will never drop below 100%

I had to buy the pro version of the app to make this change. :frowning_face:

@iamasalmon
The pro version? Thereā€™s no pro version of xiaoxiang bms app :rofl:
Unless youā€™re on the iOS platform, then I have no idea. Iā€™ve got 5 different versions on my phone and they all have different features and screen layouts

3 Likes

we talking LTT smart BMS?

I think thereā€™s a PC app that lets you tweak settings inside the BMS. ( iā€™m only 60% sure here. looking for confirmation ) do the android app let you do that?

2 Likes

Yes the Android app gives you about 60% of all the tweaking possibilities, and if you have the usb module for the bms, you can plug it into your PC for full tweak ability.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the oldest version of the app

And hereā€™s the newest version of it

3 Likes

I bought the 10s version so I think that shouldnā€™t be the issue

these are the only setting I can change. @Flasher where did you get your favorite version from?

yeah, iOS.
I donā€™t like that I was forced into it, but I am happy with the features.
Full tweakability from the phone, individual cell readouts, the whole bit.

for the record, they shipped my 12s BMS with settings that could not possibly have worked. So yeah, kinda sneaky, but hey, 'Mericaā€¦

2 Likes

You can get 3 of em off their website

1 Like

Whatever the cells can output ~150A or so maybe a bit more

Will check it out thanks man!

Any idea What kinda temps are you getting on the pack at the series connections with the fold method? Iā€™m considering doing somethibg similar and need to do some testing so figured if you Have already built the pack it would save me some time And cells.

1 Like