The battery builders club

cleannnn. I was thinking of using bullet connectors too.

What deck is that btw?

1 Like

@rosco you used bullets to connect those series?

1 Like

Hummie. Enlarged the cutout. UD CF reinforced the base afterwards. Got it 95% completed, just need to finish mounting enclosure and electrics. Snapped my Achilles the night that I set it up on VESC tool, so it has stalled. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Yup. Heatshrinked them after plugging in.
Cable length is to allow for any flex (minimal)

1 Like

UGHHHH NOOOO, I’m so sorry my dude, I sympathize completely. Fucking ankles are the worst kind of injury for esk8. Hope that sucker heals up asap

very cool approach, I’ll def be trying this on my next battery :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

not to derail too much, but what do you think about bindings for healing ankle injuries (broken ankles that give out; achilles injuries; stuff that makes the ankle unpredictably unstable at certain angles). Think that’s a potential worse-off? I feel like it’d be nice to be locked into place but am afraid it could be disastrous if you are in a position where you go flying forward off your board for any reason and the ankle is stuck.

@glyphiks made a modular pack split into 3 groups with connectors also on balance leads I think.

2 Likes

Sounds like a nightmare to me bro
Never ridden MtB or with bindings tho
Snowboard a bit, they don’t weigh as much and also slide when u bail.
A Heavy ESK8 board with sticky rubber anchors (tires)sounds like a recipe for injuries in a crash to me

2 Likes

7 Likes

I hope that ankle heals up soon!

Are hummie decks still being made?

1 Like

Ask John. I think he is making some or will have some to sell with enclosures and batteries.

@hummieee, is this right? do u have an eta for this chap?

2 Likes

the decks should ship to me in like 4 days from now i think. and then 3 days shipping time.

2 Likes

There ya go @YeetMeat, imminent.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Yes bro! That looks great!

5 Likes

Nice! Now you just have to figure out a way to make the ESC area clear so TSA doesn’t think the ESCs are bombs

2 Likes

Took the board completely disassembled on an international flight yesterday with no issues!

10 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did they question you on anything? or smooth sailing?

2 Likes

Anyone know where I can find a wiring harness(26pin connection) for a Onewheel XR BMSor where I might be able to get the temp sensors?

@Chibatterysystems