The battery builders club

plz tell me u can understand, purple is parallel connections between two cells, red shows when series connections happen and white is where serious insulation would be needed.

@ZachTetra in this design battery terminals that would cause a short are pressed against each other by the series connections :smiley:

1 Like

hu huh whatawhat?

bruh much love I hate to tell you but I have no idea whatā€™s happening in this photo and the markup doesnā€™t help :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oh shit in that battery? yeah you gotta have some layers of stuff in between. I go for like Fish Paper tape and foam.

1 Like

plz think about it, imaginie what is happening on the other side.

Dude itā€™s just like any other battery, think of each pouch as a parallel group and you want to make a really big brick pack

doesnā€™t this make more sense?

1 Like

More sense than what?

1 Like

than this

maybe Iā€™m just not looking at it right but I canā€™t even see any terminal connections or series connections here. Isnā€™t that just different colored tape over the terminals? Iā€™m so confused

1 Like

yeah I was just trying to show off the way I found to fit a reasonable sized battery into a common case nearly perfectly, with minimal height so lots of stuff can be put in the top of the case.

What I showed just has to be copy and pasted 3 times to make a 12S2P.

1 Like

I mean the other still makes sense, how you do the connections depends on how you have space forā€¦the clamps are chunky as fuck, some soldered braid would be another option, or welding nickel and folding (iff it binds)

For sure! Yeah Iā€™m just trying to see examples of how people have done their terminal and series connections with these cells and so far that image I suggested is the only one that shows that

1 Like

What are you using right now?

Iā€™m not using anything, Iā€™m planning the build its gonna be a 3s3p for my kweld. Back to my original question, will aluminum bar conduct properly?

1 Like

ok guess Iā€™ll just have to build that pack for you so you can understand.

oh youā€™re doing a Kweld batteryā€¦ Different than a esk8

given one of the cellā€™s tabs itself is aluminum itā€™s probably ok.

Iā€™m making a kweld battery with these too! as soon as hobbyking does itā€™s thing!

1 Like

yeah thatā€™s what I figured just wanted to double check,

yaaaaaa, so no space requirements at all, it can be chunky monkey al day

1 Like

I wonder if you could just wrap them in some thin copper wire and get better conductivity. Or maybe thatā€™s just dumbā€¦

Iā€™m making three separate 3S1Pā€™s and then paralleling them. I think that will make them more useful and easier to see if one cell is going bad.

according to the Kweld designer 3x 3.5mm bullets is ok but Iā€™ve never used the thing so :fearful:

@whaddys my battery is extremely offended

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: trust me Iā€™ve thought about it too

Also I hope I didnā€™t offend your battery I just meant I couldnā€™t see the terminal connections so I was like what am I looking at, where???

1 Like

batteries have feelings too

as a pansexual I make love with my batteries every night. And itā€™s consensual

1 Like