The battery builders club

it’s because it was just a pile of battery cells not hooked together on my floor.

I was tryin to plan the damn thing!

are you all positive about that?

lame, my brain is out of good jokes GN

2 Likes

And on that note, I’M GOIN TO BED FOLKS

1 Like

Anyone have 25 Molicel p42a’s they would sell me for less than $130 shipped? Thats Bulk Battery’s price.

Edit: Follow up question, does anyone have a discount code for BulkBattery? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Jesus christ I wish I knew Bulk Battery existed before I spent 170 on 40 Samsung 30qs

3 Likes

update on set mangled set of 30q.
Mostly for my own going through the motions learnings
I cleaned em up with a dremel.
I rewrapped them.

I did 1 amp charge/discharge tests [ in a “lipo safe” bag away from stuff. ]
both on a tenergy TB6B 1 cell at a time ( :timer_clock: :turtle: ) and then on a opus BT-C3100 4 cells at a time.

BT-C3100 ( stops at 2.8/cell in discharge test. seeems low )

TB6B. ( stops at 3.0v/cell )

but combined the two testers didn’t end up sorting the set the same. multiple runs might be required to figure out which if either was inconsistent methodology.

Still not sure how “safe” they are having mangled their neg ends.
but I think they’re still good for practice spot welding. I may try to make them into p-groups. as though I were going to use them in a pack.

1 Like

What kinda deck you using for that there powa

1 Like

Anyone here run a Malectrics welder on 4s before? Their website says 10v to 14v, but all I have are 2s LiPos and I would rather not crack them open if I dont have to.

1 Like

I run my malectrics welder on 4s4p runs like a champ.

1 Like

You reminded me I want to order this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087RCBF53/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_K5FlFbR73409Q
I actually need it too because I’m never getting my hobbyking order.

2 Likes

Thats cool to hear. Do you have any more details you could share? Do you have to drain below a certain voltage for it to work?

I’m willing to put some money into a pre-order fund so you can complete your transformation

5 Likes

weird, the capacity’s so consistently different among the batches tested between the two I’d imagine one of them is messed up. You should do a capacity test with the same cell on both chargers to see if you get the same value. FOR SCIENCE

those tests are with all 48 cells once each on each charger.

the TB6B discharge test is down to 3.0v while the BT-3100’s goes down to 2.8v so they return different numbers in general. so that’s why i tried to see if they sorted the set the same. and they did not.

2 Likes

oh I seeeee, huh…well I guess the discrepancy makes sense if you account the .2V difference maybe

2 Likes

So are the differences in the p groups enough for me to be worried?

This is the 12s4p 40t I have in the Haero

1 Like

Yeah you deffienlty need to get that sorted out. If you leave it to actively balance it will eventually even them out, might take a week or so. The balance current on these is super low

5 Likes

speaking of this, is there a way to tell if a charger will naturally balance or not? I’ve heard all chargers will balance if you leave them charging after they’re full for long enough. What is the feature of chargers that enables this?

2 Likes

Its the liion charge protocol. All this means is charger will go into very low current mode. Lime .03 amps which allows the bms time to do its work @Scepterr can maybe weigh in on this. But the smart bms has a feature where it will balance without a charger being plugged in

3 Likes

Here is a bit of a change overnight

youtube algorithm presented me a video with “new” type of battery that can withstand cuts and puncture without any fire or explosion. it might be worth looking into?

this was the video:

and this is the company that makes the battery:
http://www.prologium.com/index.aspx?02F0EA87FB60FF526BD81D51338B43D5

Personally, I might never be brave enough to build my own battery, but I thought I should still share this with u guys

3 Likes