The battery builders club

Ehh, still no need. I use a 2a on the 7p most of the time, 8a only comes out if the lady said we are skating that night

That’s the one Lacroix uses.

1 Like

15A!? that’s cheap isnt it? I’ve not bought one that high an output, only 8A lol, but generally is seems the prices increase about +$10 for every amp.

Ehh, diminishing cost per amp, my 2a is $20 and 8a is $60 so 15a at $75 seems reasonable

Yeah I wouldn’t expect it to be $150 but my 8A was $80.

I wonder if the fan on a 15A charger sounds like a jet engine lol.

Great TIL.

2 Likes

20a :muscle:

3 Likes

Thats super cheap. I paid nearly 250AUD for my 20a brick charger

2 Likes

13s4p with salvaged lg m26 cells from scooter packs. Can anyone spot the dummy mistake on this one?

1 Like

This is for 10s.10S4P_flatpack.pdf (117.8 KB)

1 Like

(Meant as a reply to @Dinnye)
Worst case you can get Eboosted’s enclosure for it, which has a width of around 188mm inside.

My plan as well. Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so clear and helpful, thank you. I haven’t quite got my head around how a double-stack would work though - I dont suppose you’ve got a similar PDF but for double-stack and then I could join the dots between these 2 diagrams?

It depends if you are doublestacking for 2x capacity or doublestacking for space management.

1 Like

Alright, if DIYing the enclosure doesn’t work out as well as I expect it I will buy the eboosted one. I thought his enclosure was a bit narrower. Good to know! I will try to DIY the enclosure tho, since eboosted doesn’t sell them for cheap, plus shipping to EU and paying VAT are also quite expensive.
Btw my reasoning for the ESCs on the tail is that I will need heatsinking when I upgrade my motors as well, so I would rather do it right the first time. Glad I am not the only one who wants them on the tail, the more people do it, the less stupid it looks xD (at least on a street setup)

1 Like

I was really thinking about changing up my trampa a bit.

I get an EBoosted Trampa enclosure and put a 12s4p P42A in there, and take off the top mount enclosure. Then figure out a quick attach/detach mounting solution for the top mount.

So for quick rides I can just use the board regularly, with 16.8 Ah of battery, then if I need it I can pop on the 27 Ah top mount box and get 44.8 Ah total.

Plus there would be a ton of weight savings in the low range mode. But I am worried about scraping things on the bottom of the enclosure…

1 Like

I am tempted to get one of these rd6012 for up to 14s charger and 12amp. $150 including a case and power supply. Currently use one their 50v 5amp buckboost to charge the scooter after the power supply died.

Get one of those and you for a lab power supply as well!

1 Like

On my shopping list for next week. Should have bought one a long time ago.

So I’m pretty much doing the same thing you’re doing. P42A 12s4p 16.8Ah at 3.2kg
Or
30Q 12s5p 15Ah at 2.8kg
30Q 12s6p 18Ah at 3.4kg

1 Like

for space management - just so the 12s4p will fit in the limited enclosure space.

The discharge graphs for 30Q show that capacity ends up the same (within 5%).

1 Like