The battery builders club

Whatcha mean? I just run a line of HMA between them, then use the magnets to hold the nickel, then call it a day…in theory you can add more adhesive to the other side after welding since it will already be holding shape

I put a thin string of silicone down the length of the cell and then lightly push them together I need a 1mm or 1.5mm in between cells… I don’t like them nuts to butts… but that’s just my little way… a bit of free space between cells, better use of adhesives, an purdy you don’t have a goopey silicone fillet between cells

i’m not saying my way is better… it definitely takes a little longer…

1 Like

Want me to toy with the file?

1 Like

nah… I’ll get to it… my nickel isn’t due here till Monday… plus I want to look really good at how far the nickel extends and it’s bend points etc… but thanks for asking…

however you can share your fusion link if you’re so inclined

1 Like

4p 30Q holder V2.ipt (214.5 KB) 4p 40T holder V2.ipt (208 KB) 4p P42A holder V2.ipt (209.5 KB)

2 Likes

Too bad, here’s a gift :yum:
5p P42A holder V3.ipt (217.5 KB)

2 Likes

looked at my original purchase apparrently my soldering iron is 60w

so I’m starting with some new tips

here’s 12awg to 0.2mm nickel with the new big tip it came out better than I expected.

critiques welcome. but… be kind. I’m a delicate flower. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

looks pretty good Fes… but if I’m pick flyshit out of the pepper I’d like to see that glob of solder moved over a smoogie to cover the stray strands at the end of the wire…
but I’d call it a success

2 Likes

I dunno about 21700 cells haven’t tried … but I did find some cheap ass 18650 cell holders on the fleabay when I was still using 18650 cells

you have to do a bit of werk as these are 2c cell holders…
but I used a fukkton of these to make a charger/IR cell holder (i can’t find it now)

but maybe yu can find these for 21700 cells and save you a bunch of time and effort… these were less than a dollar a throw as far as I can recall

1 Like

I have ones for 18650 but I can’t find the ones for 21700 on Amazon, buy there time eBay delivers I’d be better off making my own probably

1 Like

if’n you have the 18650 ones… I’d start there and cut them apart… they have almost everything you need…

Link me?
Apparently soldering after a few drinks is a big no no

1 Like

d00d it’s 2020 throw out that relic… your dad prolly soldered his plumbing pipes with that tip…

maybe look into how to treat your tip… and then your solder tip… and consider them as a consumable…

Fess will confess how sweet a new tip is… (I know she said that)…

2 Likes

Dood…that was a brand new tip before I decided to start using it. Lasted 40 minutes of drunken random solder projects :man_facepalming:

1 Like

40 mins? were you tig welding with it???

2 Likes

Nope. If I believe the stuff I left behind last night, I used an exacto to scrape the tip for better thermal contact…and took a few chunks off at the same time. It’s missing about 8 or 9mm of tip

1 Like

d00d seriously… you were that drunk?

or need to know how to care for a soldering iron?

or need to know how to get better thermal transfer from an iron?

that
my friend
is an impressive drunk…

you should thank skatan that you didn’t try and to trim your pubic hair

2 Likes

:no_mouth:

1 Like

:footprints: :eyes: :footprints:

:innocent: :shushing_face: :innocent:

:exploding_head: :cowboy_hat_face: :exploding_head:
:sunglasses: :call_me_hand:t4:

Never underestimate 94% in lemonade