The battery builders club

So you think it’s worth doing with new cells too or just rebuit packs? Gonna make a 12s2p P42A pack very soon

1 Like

it’s so quick and easy I do it as I check voltage… whether it’s worth it or not… like I said, I haven’t had one fail yet, to check and see…

1 Like

Cool, suggestions how to make a holder for 21700 cells?

1 Like

Damn, I don’t have a 3d printer…think I can make something from hot glue?

1 Like

me… I’d make a cell holder like you sent me… times as many cells wide as your charger will accept, put nickel on one end and nickel with a light spring soldered on the other… wire it up for 1s to hook into parallel charger board and bob’s you uncle

BTW… what wacky scale did you make that cell holder??? it certainly wasn’t millimeters… and the conversion to inches came out wacky…

1 Like

It’s in millimeters, but I think it tries to export in 1/10th scale?

This is what I did with my ISDT charger, made a cell tray.

1 Like

yeah it’s like 10mm long… TOTAL… i said WTF…

do you use centimetres or millimetres?

eggzakery

Millimeters, fusion 360 is just dumb

1 Like

You summoned me?

1 Like

so we both use millimeters, and both use fusion…

weird… user error

what is the exact length of the longest side of the 21700 cell holder? so I can convert it to something usefull!!

2 Likes

You’re gonna have to wait for a little bit…I may or may not be in the bathtub and listening to Kesha rn

3 Likes

Which one do you want numbers for? P42A I think is 109.5x76

1 Like

What are these cell holders you’re speaking of? @ZachTetra designed his own in fusion?

2 Likes

after I fixxerate these I’ll email you the stl…

okey-dokie

1 Like

It’s just a glue up and welding jig for 4 and 2 half cells. I made 30Q 40T and P42A

They are free to share, I can make any cell type you want just message me and I’ll send it

2 Likes

@kook The P42A holder is 108mm * 76mm * 15mm

@fessyfoo

4 Likes

I scaled it up 10 times and got it finally…

after I saw it… I knew I had to make some changes… but thanks for sending it to me…

I glue my cells in a manner that your excellent work would be problematic…

1 Like