The battery builders club

I’m not cranking these out left and right, but I want the quality to be as high as possible

@fessyfoo haha it’s all the same now :grin::grin:

Heavy block has the thermal mass, thin plate protects the cells, big plate radiates it all…I’ll have a pic of it in use soon

3 Likes

I like the heat sink thing, but things can get sparky quick.

I just use some metal clips, just enough to wick that heat away and not soak the braid

Those packs look good, I’d buy one.

2 Likes

Aww thanks! :slight_smile:

I was worried about sparks so the thin plate has kapton under it and the big one is hot glued to that big cardboard plate

1 Like
1 Like

what is that heavy block?

This is the battery layout I’ve been considering for my 12s2p tayto

seem reasonable?

1 Like

I’m making literally that exact same battery for my integrated deck lol, like 100% the same design…should be totally good

1 Like

Oh that’s just a block of 18 ga nails

1 Like

No kill like overkill :yum:

4 Likes

Got a bit of heatshrink

Lighter in corner for comparison

6 Likes

What are the differences and benefits between plastic heatshrink and rubber heatshrink?

1 Like

polyolefin is typically thicker, more abrasion resistant and withstands higher temps vs PVC

4 Likes

I have to admit something. I have never used braided copper wire. I mean, I do have it at home, just never felt brave enough to actually use it.
Why do you guys like it so much? What advantages do you see over silicone wire?

1 Like

It’s flat?

But not much, if any, thicker than 14 awg silicone wire?

It’s like the same as 16awg

2 Likes

I’m not sold yet. 14awg is only 2mm thicker than 16awg

the plastic is PVC

1 Like

You saw nothing…
Then why do people use PVC? It cost me only 20$ for 2.5 meters of better protection

2 Likes

i personally shrink each half first then cut a piece of thin cutting board in between, but would work just a fine if youre not shrinking each half first.

pretty quick shipping both times i ordered… may have some to spare at cost if needed?

1 Like