The battery builders club

Flux, lots of heat for the minimum amount of time, pre-tin both sides, and use hemostats or similar to stop the heat and solder from wicking where they aren’t wanted.

And my preferred magical pronoun is “Warlock”, but “Sorcerer” will do as well.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I find that holding the heat near the hemostats and letting the heat draw up the solder, from the bottom, to be a quite satisfying experience…

think solder wick not soldering braid

1 Like

same
been sitting in a Florida swamp since june 7

2 Likes

you have been or the nickel? There’s some weirdos in FL, like this guy:

Wouldn’t put it past him to steal some nickel

2 Likes

I need some good quality wire, notably some 12, 10 & 8 AWG. Where do you guys get yours? Everything I’ve found locally is all stiff as hell

my go-to
https://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=182_184&osCsid=4suasdskcvsam5unv8r4mapug1

1 Like

Maybe try @kevingraehl. Pretty wicked inventory.

1 Like

I’m Amazon for my wire. Working on huge spools this week. Most radio control hobby shops have

3 Likes

He’s looking for nickel.

3 Likes

…we all are…

have him take out a number at the counter… presently we are responding to customer:

this the status of our last best hope…:

3 Likes

:raised_hand:

1 Like

what about nickel? I think they were asking about 0.2mm x 25-30mm nickel.

3 Likes

Kev was my first call… Nope… Nada Tosada at the Posada…

He asked what he should get… That we’d all buy…

And I told him .2 x 25mm… Get LOTS

1 Like

30mm is better for 21700

7 Likes

i remember that now. :confused: my memory sucks. sorry for double ask Kevin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be pleased as punch with either at the moment… I gots jumpy welding foot right now… all the batts and no nickel… I’m almost going to follow the lead of @MysticalDork and solder everything together…

my Kweld is growing spiderwebs

3 Likes

No don’t be sorry!!!

@kevingraehl everybody wants nickel…

let’s ALL bug him till he gets some…

2 Likes

After a kerfuffle with DALY Official Store, it has come to my attention that they will NOT stock 12s as a standard item… @kevingraehl you should be the DALY Unofficial Store solely to stock 12s

3 Likes

he already is?

1 Like