The battery builders club

You try changing the BMS to static balance and letting it run overnight to fully balance out the pack? That’s what I had to do with one of my groups.

2 Likes

I did not try a static charge. I ordered 4 more cells and plan to replace the Pgroup. @kook these cells are brand new, less than 5 cycles.

1 Like

Can anybody tell me real quick where do you measure on banana plugs to determine their size?

1 Like

4mm

on google/on the product page you got it from

Your nails remind me of the racoon I saw on my last ride

5 Likes

Yeah I need to clean them again. Just did some digging for fireworks tonight. Received the charger at the same time

1 Like

Static isn’t charge, it’s just actively balancing until it satisfies your maximum voltage difference setting.

Im pretty sure the cells in that pgroup have a higher internal resistance. They won’t go above 4.16v

2 Likes

measure (that’s what she said) right at the tip… a 4mm plug will be about 3.6mm

1 Like

12S4P Molicel P42A ready for spot welding. This will be a flat pack in TB40 deck. However, my AliExpress nickel order is stuck somewhere. Anybody got 0.2x25 or 0.2x30 nickel to sell in the US? I can pick up in Bay Area. @Skyart @KfromtheBay @ZachTetra? Also, comments about pack construction so far are highly appreciated! Thanks!

6 Likes

I am running pretty low myself on that stuff, need to order again from fogstar. Their shipping is pretty fast, last time I ordered, took only 5 days

2 Likes

Wow, that’s faster than I would expect. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Yeah its quick!

1 Like

Fogstar Wholesale:

• 99.7% Pure Nickel (Laboratory Tested – Report available upon request.)
  • 0.2mm x 25mm (Thickness x Width)
  • Price Per Meter

OUT OF STOCK

2 Likes

Context:
4 LiPo 6s1p 5000mah
Desired result:
12s2p 10ah
Sanity check:

Also wondering, should I use xt90s connectors anywhere in this?

1 Like

Screenshot_20200719-132501
savage :joy:

4 Likes

Really?? Where are you located? Been waiting 2 mo for my order to arrive to US

3 Likes

I am in california, did you chose expedited shipping at checkout? Was only like 5 euro more

3 Likes

Does anyone else hate soldering braided copper?

1 Like

I like it.

3 Likes

Fucking witch…

(But no seriously, how the hell do you get it to play nice?)

1 Like