The battery builders club

wire that locks a nut when locktite is insuffcient

2 Likes
3 Likes

Even the Chinese T12 clone should outperform the 3020 thermals wise. A proper Hakko FX951 is super sweet.

Wire (usually stainless steel, but we also used brass) used to positively lock or secure nuts/bolts/screws/whatever so they canā€™t come out no matter how much things vibrate or move.

Ainā€™t so bad out in the open, but trying to do that down a hole is an absolute BITCH, and then you poke yourself in the finger with the wire end just to make your day even better.

3 Likes

I put a tiny drop on the nickel, maybe 2mm in diameter, gob some solder on the iron, then press the iron down on the drop of flux. That flux is mostly water so it will sizzle and evaporate, but itā€™ll make the solder wet out beautifully before itā€™s gone.

2 Likes

I was prolly just using too much then. Thanks

3 Likes

Yeah, it only takes a tiny dab of that stuff to work wonders.

I have it in a little squeeze bottle with a dispensing needle tip, a really thin one like 28 gauge or some shit.

1 Like

it is almost impossible to use too much fluxā€¦ if itā€™s to much it comes off with a per-towelā€¦ too little it will be burntā€¦

1 Like

True with the regular stuff but this is special.

2 Likes

For those playing along at home wondering what this special stuff is, hereā€™s a linky. https://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Fluid-60301-Soldering-2-Ounce/dp/B003X3U646/
Use sparingly, itā€™s more acidic than regular rosin but it makes soldering nickel and other stubborn shit much nicer.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking Iof having long ones made for us

Have you seen the automatic wire machines

I just asked for a quote for 36" long just precut wires for bms. 500pcs

Is it worth $2 each set? I think so

#Aliexpress US $1,320.96 4%OFF | AC220V Relay Module Automatic Wire Stripping Machine Cutting Machine Double Line Computer Stripping Machine

rosin core fluxā€¦ scratchedā€¦ not intimidated with a dremelā€¦ the top one has shadows from the pikā€¦ and in all honestly is a prolly little under-cookedā€¦
the bottom in my opinion would have been puurfect if i didnā€™t dab the solder as it cooledā€¦

your opinion my brother?

2 Likes

Looks fine to me.

The only time I really feel the need for the ruby fluid is when Iā€™m in a heat sensitive area and want to get in and out as fast as possible. That flux seems to be active at a lower temperature so things wet out more quikly.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll check it out for those areasā€¦

as an asideā€¦ I have a few extra P42as Thanks @ahravā€¦ I wanna do an empirical study on the cell IR as we heat itā€¦ from nekkidā€¦ to spot welding to solderingā€¦ Iā€™ve only a few cellsā€¦ anything other than capacity and IR I should look atā€¦ or has this already been scienced a million times?

1 Like

Ok so they can make us any length bms wires. Whatā€™s a good length

Current 430mm on daly bms
830mm good enough for most of us. I think itā€™s perfect

Jst-xh is pretty common on JBD, Daly, and others.

Want silicone or cheap plastic wires. Surely itā€™s a cost change. I donā€™t like silicone for balance leads

2 Likes

i h8 plastic insulated wires

if yourā€™re buying plastic make it 75mm maxā€¦ weā€™ll solder on the gUUd shit and save you the effort

but in all seriousness if some one would make a gUUd BMS connectorā€¦ 75-100mm of gUUd silicone and the remainder under the shirk-wrap to plastic I wouldnā€™t be bitter

2 Likes

Typo. The other way around. Hahah

I donā€™t her whatā€™s wrong with the sensor pinout

2 Likes

see ph-5 on a six pin port?

hmmmm raises ???

Oh. Maybe they had issues with firmware and temp settings and are just removing that for usšŸ˜

itā€™s still a 6 pin portā€¦

20awg silicone 850mm long wires good for everyone?

5 Likes