The battery builders club

Can confirm that left schematic is correct and also matches the plug on my motors, that also worked on my unity. I think the side exit connector is just flipped.

It’s backed by fishpaper. The foam is being used as spacer during assembly. Whole pack is covered by fiberboard top and bottom. And given the cramped nature of the enclosure I highly doubt anything will be moving around.

that gave me flashbacks to this little experiment lol

3 Likes

I need LiPo charger expertise.
I bought 4 of these:

They are TURNIGY LiPo 6S, 5000mAh 25C-35C with dimensions of 2" x 1" x 12"
Plan to use them as 12s2p (might break em open to change the layout from long to stacked)

Is this charger any good for em?

1 Like

Please rate a most perfect parallel group :yum:

The positive terminal has a 3mm overhang over the corner of the cell to add some extra protection

5 Likes

Ooh! What size shrink wrap is that?

1 Like

95mm flat width and cut to 65mm length, its super thin stuff. I bought it for my 3p 21700 pack but it works here too

1 Like

The stuff shrinks super well, once toasted it becomes 50mm flat width

yeah they are pretty good. I’m using that 600W PC power supply now instead of a 60W brick that I just posted last night.

It’s so nice and silent :no_mouth:

It actually got me thinking if you could charge a 3S packs directly from some PC power supplies, they would charge up to 12.08V or 4.02V per cell.

oooh 4S lifepo4 :shushing_face: only 3V per cell no bueno

2 Likes

Someone show me a dozen parallel groups that are nicer than these :yum:

V1.1 (couple 1.0) linear layer 3p 30Q FoxBlocks, you saw them here first folks

22 Likes

That is beautiful!

6 Likes

hell yeah, nice work dude. Love the logo

3 Likes

You have no idea how much I like that everything is all shades of grays and silver…the OCD in me is like :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hey guys looking for help with a malectrics spot welder. It’s brand new. Pre built. And I can’t get it to work. Ive tried auto and manual with the pedal. Every time I try to weld it gives me this…

I need a sanity check on the wiring for this balance BMS that I intend to bypass. I don’t have any wiring diagram that came with it but I assume it’s standard as I see this BMS used often.

I know how to wire up the series connections, I just wanna make sure I’m bypassing it correctly.

1 Like

How do these look? 18ms they hold great to pliers

Corners: sharp
Shrink wrap: shredded
Welds: not bad, maybe a little cold? I think your pressure is uneven

1 Like

Cool. The cells are for test only. Wraps and corners will be good on the 21700s. I’ll bump it up a little and retest

2 Likes

Is it ok to solder my balance leads onto the positive ends? Last battery I didn it on the negative but I set this one up to be on the positive ends without really thinking about it. Wondering if that’s ok?

1 Like

It’s better to do the positive ends IMO, because less heat makes it to the inside of the cell.

Less thermal mass, too, for easier soldering.

6 Likes