The battery builders club

What is that liquid? Cooling water?

2 Likes

are you trimming after welding?

Its the negative end so less dangerous, but still risky and generally unprofessional

What do you mean trimming after welding? The extra piece there is for the series wire to solder onto so I donā€™t have to solder directly onto the spot welds, It will have an additional solder joint in the center

I donā€™t understand what the point would be to round edges on the negative side? It wonā€™t be touching anything

1 Like

oh I see. youā€™re not trimming the negative side.

I thought it was a before trimming picture. since I saw rounded and not rounded.

1 Like

reading is FUN-dementalā€¦ itā€™s silicone pot trivit (tirivet) bought at the dollar storeā€¦ it will change your lifeā€¦

(a silicone thing ladys put fukking hot pots on fresh off the stoveā€¦)

If it tears through the shrink wrap youā€™ll be sorry, you have a CF lined deck and I assume balance leads running by?

cocktail sweat

I didnā€™t think about the single layer of CF but I guess that could cause a problem - the balance leads will be in the center channel so I donā€™t think theyā€™ll collide with the edges.

Which shrink wrap section are you referring to?

Do you mean shrink wrap around the whole pack? I have fish paper so I could cover the sharp ends to prevent them from rubbing on the deck.

it just looks lazy and douchieā€¦

if you bought a pack which would you rather see on inspectionā€¦

careā€¦ means caring all the way through the processā€¦ making it the bestest without picking the flyshit out of the pepper

zach gets it

1 Like

Appearance is everything

4 Likes

Itā€™s the kind of thing where if you fix it now which isnā€™t that hard, youā€™ll never have to even think about it later

You are wrapping your parallel groups rightā€¦?

1 Like

I suppose I get what youā€™re saying. I donā€™t believe that a 3p pack is a fair comparison but I understand the concept

Sure I agree - Iā€™ll do it right on the next 6 since I have to wait for more nickel anyway.

Yes I am, they will all be wrapped around the outside

1 Like

BTW @ZachTetra i wish I had your young manā€™s eyesā€¦ I never-ever-never dare to get that close to the edgeā€¦

nice weldsā€¦ proper grouping if weā€™re arm-chair quarterbacking Iā€™d say a little under-penetratedā€¦ but Iā€™m sure you did a pull test on test cells so Iā€™ll shudddupā€¦

3 Likes

Aww thanks :smile:

The camera flash makes them look a little light but they were running hot enough to darken the nickel around them, yanked on them with pliers (testing on a sanded cell from the scrap pile) and it left some nasty spires behind

1 Like

like i saidā€¦ I trusted your scienceā€¦ photos donā€™t often represent reality completelyā€¦ but d00dā€¦ honestly i respect those weldsā€¦

2 Likes

damnit. now iā€™m on the TS 80/100 hype train again.

2 Likes

Love mine - does the trick for sure and being able to run off my power bank is super handy

I find silicone trivets the bestest things EVARā€¦ a soldering pointā€¦ a cocktail coaster, a dollar at the dollar-storeā€¦ no fireā€¦ non-slipā€¦

itā€™s natures perfect soldering upon materialā€¦

1 Like

I have bothā€¦ and both are greatā€¦ I take them with me on adventuresā€¦ but when Iā€™m at homeā€¦ I fire up the Aoyue with the flux dispenser the solder reel,ā€¦ the feel of a real thingā€¦

I have an Aoyue 9378 and a fukton of tipsā€¦ if I canā€™t solder with thatā€¦ I have a big assed weller iron with a 1/4 wide tipā€¦ or a torchā€¦ but in all honesty if you need more heat than thatā€¦ improve technique or crimp wiresā€¦ too much heat is bad vibrationallyā€¦

fess you can have bothā€¦