The battery builders club

no shorts :ok_hand:

I lubed up mine on accident itā€™s so smooth now

1 Like

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

2 Likes

Ok maybe I jus need another cheap one. Or two for reliability.

2 Likes

just donā€™t buy a plastic one for gawds-sakeā€¦ buy a tape measure insteadā€¦

1 Like

I think @Linny just did a pack with this method no? Is it sound?

you had me at GIF #1ā€¦ and then I saw Gran Torinoā€¦ yesā€¦ much betterer

When you bump up that low cell from 3.99v to 4.02 like the rest of them and the BMS starts balancing :sunglasses:

I thinkā€¦

Hopefully the smart BMS can handle larger voltage differences when beginning/finishing balancing.

1 Like

Braid when done right Iā€™m sure is sound. This pack only had it on half the series connections. So whatā€™s the point?

2 Likes

Welds on the positive terminals are all coming off clean.

On the neg sides though. Itā€™s tearing apart and not coming off.

3 Likes

Yep, i used the braided wire for my series connections. I didnā€™t do any crazy stress test with it but i did pull really hard on my test solder on some scratched up nickel. No problems.

3 Likes

three hunthers of a voltā€¦ are you fukking kidding meā€¦ now weā€™re all buying NAsa SPEC bmsā€™

ever heard of GIGO orā€¦ just eskate???

2 Likes

I really should double my battery size so fast charging up to 4V will give me more than like 10 mile range.

weld look weak on positivesā€¦ prolly better welds on negativeā€¦ maybe ventsā€¦ for some random reasonā€¦ have you done a cell voltage test, or is this one just dUUne?

I didnā€™t write it down but the I think P groups were all 4.05v except 1 which was 3.9x Cells might all be salvageable.

I got this far. Positive sides no nickel. Covered up again.

Negative still more work to do.

2 Likes

There was questions about good 12s balance chargers.

This with a jumper internally and my own just connection ( was 2 separate 6s before) kicks ass at charging. Itā€™s only limited by the 300 watt ac/DC switching power supply inside but has dc 12 volt banana plugs if you have a meanwell or some other power supply. Works also as a non balance charger. Gives live cell by cell readouts and mAh in . And has discharge

4 Likes

Question for ya guys. Iā€™m going to build a new pack using the @DerelictRobot 12s4p pcb kit. Samsung 30q are out of stock. Any recommendations for an alternative ? I was looking at the Molicel P26a cells. I read some had bad experiences with those but they were not A grade cells. Planning on buying from BulkBattery. Thanks !

1 Like

Vtc cells maybe?

2 Likes

I am designing some plastic ring spacers to hold 21700 cells. Battery pack will be in a hex configuration with 1mm of spacer between each cell. Fishpaper has suggested to be used to isolate P-groups. Would I need fishpaper if I am using spacers or is fishpaper only for touching cells?

Looks like they have VTC4 ā€˜s which are 2100mah / 30a vs the P26a which are 2600mah / 35a.

Oh I thought they have VTV5aā€¦go for the Molicel I guess then

1 Like