The battery builders club

Looks like just one layer. And with series connections like that, one layer is plenty.

Personally, i would have located each solder point directly in the gaps between the cells, but I’m just nitpicking.

5 Likes

This pack can deffinetly pull 180 amps for a few seconds, but I don’t recomend maxing any cell like that. Rralisticly this is a 120 amp continues battery easily. 14awg x3 for series connections

2 Likes

I just think it looks nice

2 Likes

I’d love to see a pik when’ she’s done right b4 you slip the condom heat-shrink on her…

2 Likes

Yes one piece of .2x25mm nickel

2 Likes

The condom will be clear, much like this pack

Edit: lol forgot I dont have a pic of the condom on this one lol

5 Likes

d00d nice pik from space!! were the satellites geosynchronous?

2 Likes

:grin: lol. Dang I cant believe I forgot to take a pic of the finished product

1 Like

PlaceHolder

I gotta get high

but I wanna chat abot ypour clear heat-shrink.

1 Like

Reason I have them closer together is because I want to route balance leads straight through the middle. I guess I could have still separated the series connections to be in between each cell

1 Like

Let me see if I can find you a proper pic

1 Like

@kook oh here we go

10s5p 30q

13 Likes

I figured as much :+1: i just like picking on people

4 Likes

brother my only comment you have already mitigated…

you my friend are an artisan… an if this is you std of quality I have zero probs steering peeps your way!

1 Like

I appriciate the vote of confidence. Yeah I decided to switch to soldered series connections, as much as possible and only using smart bms. I’ve had 2 packs come back last weeks, both had folded nickel series connections that gave way to flex. Thankfully with the smart bms it was easy to see where the problem was right away. Had to rebuild both packs. Decided no more folding nickel! Atleast as much as possible lol.

3 Likes

I’ve also noticed that the places where the folded nickel gave way, was on 30qs possitive terminal…the terminal is, a bit concave after an insulator ring is glued on, and there is alot of stress on the welds. Other packs I have built with folded nickel series connections are still going strong…for now lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

11 Likes

batteryt skyart
what’s this part about, howcome the break in the leads?

4 Likes

I assume length extension.

8 Likes

The bms came with short balance wires and the connector is all full of somesort of silicone, would be an absolute pita to try and determinate it, so I spliced

3 Likes