The battery builders club

I am so happy that I can do this now, it’s just :ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

It really is the best

2 Likes

How do you bend your nickel tabs so perfectly?

version 2.0

welding the overlapping tabs on top of an aluminum square ruler def seemed to help.

3 Likes

the iPhone of parallel groups

1 Like

Saves you heaps of work. Just make sure you scratch up your nickel before you solder to it. And on the joined tabs make sure you get good scratching on both tabs and your solder puddle completely covers the join :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Metal ruler, knife blade, and credit card are good. Works better if you sandwich the nickel between 2 of them to bend

2 Likes

why not this all the time?

And where should I get this nickel? I’m going to have cells soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, this. If I can find my second metal machinist rule, I use two rulers as well

1 Like

the wide nickel can be slow to source. I have not found anyone that has it in stock in the US, so it’s the slow boat from China. I have gotten legit nickel from Steel City Store 2/2 times on aliexpress, they carry different sizes and thicknesses. I put in an order a couple weeks ago for enough to share but it’s due at the end of July. With the 'rona going around, who knows.

2 Likes

@abusfullofnuns it’s happening!

6 Likes

She’s pumped. I just showed her. You take bubble gum and stuffed bears, right?

4 Likes

And unicorns!

2 Likes

I was building a nese module (I was starting and I forgot to isolate a tab and by accident the bar from the negative touched the positive and closed the circuit which produced a spark, it took no time to separate them, my batteries were at 3.53v, which closed the circuit died (0v) the others kept their voltage or vario by 0.01 I had asked for extra batteries that I planned to use in an 8s2p construction so I replaced them with those and I put aside the ones from the incident; do you think they can still be used?

lucky me was the recipient of these beautiful packs! @iamasalmon made it easy for my first battery build :pray: :pray:

6 Likes

@whaddys those are clean as fuck. Don’t screw it up

6 Likes

:star_struck:
10s4p p42a

20 Likes

is that just one piece of 0.2mm nickel? or more than one layer?
did you design for the full 120A (mooch) / 180A ( rated) current?
what gauge are your series connectors?

This build is how I envision my 12s5p p42a.

4 Likes

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Can I ask why you chose wire for serial connections rather than copper?

2 Likes

that is a sweet pack

4 Likes