The battery builders club

What thickness? I got good looking ones at 50J on 0.2mm thick

1 Like

Itā€™s supposed to be 0.2mm, the dial calipers say 0.21mm

This is 35J now

It will run from any power source from 10 to 18 volts DC, and sufficient current. Itā€™s a 5.5x2.5mm barrel jack. Keep in mind that this is different from the more common 5.5x2.1 barrel jack you find on many 12v power supplies. 5.5x2.5 is more commonly found on laptop chargers, but I canā€™t recommend using a laptop charger because theyā€™re typically 18.5 or 19v, which is above the maximum rating of the B6.

I run my charger from a 12v 220w Dell power brick that I have modified by soldering a 5.5x2.5mm jack to the output cable.

1 Like

Should I be adding a bank of capacitors between my battery and esc? Iā€™m running 12s so Iā€™m trying to do the best I can to reduce voltage spikes between the two any way I can. My battery leads are short, I run moderate settings (90-100bat, 65 to 75motors, -60brakes and -20 regen) but Iā€™m really hard on the throttle. My terrain varries from flat to 30Ā°+. Iā€™ve popped more drvā€™s than I care to admit so Iā€™m looking to see if Iā€™m overlooking something in successfully running a 12s board long term.

Or Iā€™ll just fuck off and wait for stormcore.

1 Like

You can get a bunch of different capacitor sizes and wire then as close to the ESC as possible

Or you can increase the ramp up time on the throttle (in the pwm settings) so you get less current impulse

1 Like

Has anyone used on of these little bastards? If I plug it in to my 3s lipo (black to negative pin, greens to the middle pins, nothing to the positive pin) it starts beeping at me like something is wrong and I get no response the other way. Cells are all 4ish volts each

my kind sir, you donā€™t happen to have an extra one of these layin around you could spare for a couple bucks ehhhhh?

I got a dozen, whatcha need? :yum:

1 Like

anyone got a link to 3p nickel belt NOT FOR cells in cell holders? all i can find is offset zig zag pattern which i dont wantā€¦

@thisguyhere maybe?

2 Likes

Looks like thatā€™s a 4s alarm.

1 Like

i know what youā€™re saying, but no i donā€™t have any.

got 2p stagger belt, thatā€™s about it

Thxā€¦ But have seen 3p double stack belt? Not offsetā€¦no for cell holders??

To avoid doing math Iā€™ll ask the pros: How much fish paper should I buy for 1 battery pack build? Gonna be 21700s probably a 10s4p or something. I canā€™t really conceptualize what a good amount would be to buy

the big sheets or the rings for the positive terminals

Depends on how will you use it, get 2-3m should me more than enough to fully wrap everything jn it :smiley:

Planning to make a staggered 10s5p from 30Qā€™s, is 25mm x .2mm nickel wide enough to cover the whole P group?
Also hom much nickel usually goes in to a battery? 10m enough or do I need more?
I donā€™t have the cells or nickel yet, trying to figure out what I need to order.
Friend of mine has a malectrics that I can borrow but not sure if it can do .2mm nickel or if I should go with .15mm thick instead.

Iā€™d get enough rings for all the positive terminals, and then one 3"x25ā€™ roll from 145ptags.com. I got the non-adhesive-backed stuff, but I think the adhesive-backed would be better. Less fiddling around with tape and glue.

One roll should be enough to make a handful of packs, depending on how liberal you are with it.
145ptags also sells on Amazon, but I dunno if they have everything on their site on Amazon too.

(If you have a way to cut the rings yourself, like a vinyl cutter or a CO2 laser, you could just use the adhesive backed stuff for that too.)

1 Like

10m should be plenty, and yes, 25mm is just wide enough for a staggered 18650 arrangement.
Regarding the spot welder, it depends on the battery whether it will be able to reliably weld 0.2mm or not. It can and has been done, but everyoneā€™s battery setup is different and thus the output power of the welder is different too. (I am referring to the battery powering the welder, not the battery being welded.)

3 Likes

How the pros do it :man_facepalming:

If you have a tiller pack, do yourself a favour, rip it out, send it to somebody who actually knows how to make packs.

This is a fucking disgrace.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB60MgbpcN9/?igshid=1ivmy9ewtag4y

8 Likes

Jeeeeeeeesussssss

E: didnā€™t remember the event how it actually happened :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes