The battery builders club

10m should be enough for 5 batteries at least. I usually use 2m or less per pack, depending on arrangement.

my malectrics is powered by 3s3p SPIM08’S and has no problem doing .2mm but that’s really heavy nickel. I use .15 thick for the 30q’s and save the .2mm for the high amp cells (40T’s HG6, etc.). It’s nice, but it’s hard to cut and heats up the welder faster (so, go slower).

I just got a 10m roll of 25mm x .15 in from China and more on the way. I could peel you off a couple meters if you don’t want a whole 10m.

1 Like

This should be more than enough: 70mm x5m battery insulator

sadly the one I took apart was just as bad (worse?). In fact, the first question I ask now when someone asks if I can fix their battery is “who made it”? if the answer is “China” or “Tiller”, I respectfully decline. “Sorry, that pack is worth scrap value for those cells”

4 Likes

The fact that he is posting that shit on instagram tells me either;

A) he is taking the piss and doesn’t give two fifths of a fuck

B) he is totally fucking clueless

C) A + B

5 Likes

That dude has been unmasked in so many ways.

4 Likes

#fuckshitcunts

4 Likes

13a capable and similar form factor to a barrel jack connector

SF1212 ** WEIPU**

2 Likes

I think people who make batteries eventually get overwhelmed with demand and are either forced to cut corners (figuratively, lol) or turn away business. If the income is needed, you’re really only left one choice.

That said, I found it is possible to streamline the workspace and process to make the work go faster. I’m doing a write up now, but one example is using wide nickel instead of dicking around with all those teeny little strips. I saved hours of work just by switching to wide nickel. And the battery is arguably better and safer.

9 Likes

Sorry, I disagree. The only choice when building batteries for other people is to do it in a safe and professional manner.

Just because you need cash, its no excuse to sell somebody a fire hazard.

16 Likes

Thanks for the offer but not sure shipping to the EU would be worth it, I’ll probably pick up some nickel from nkon (the issues they had should be sorted now right?) or fogstar depending on who has the cells cheaper.

Need to check what batteries my friend is using and get like 3m of nickel and some fishpaper and shrinkwrap.

1 Like

haha you’re right, I’m just trying to see it from his view and steer the conversation in a more constructive direction :+1:

yup, I got some on the way from Fogstar now. Supposed to be lab tested, and they have a reputation to lose so I feel good about. would be silly for it to get here just to go right back, lol.

Nice to be able to get it all in one place like that :+1:

1 Like

Wide nickel is a massive time saver, and I would agree that it makes a better and safer pack.

Constructive enough? :joy:

3 Likes

That’s the part I was responding to, because it really does make sense.

1 Like

HE’S ONTO YOU :eyes: :eyes:

It’s funny yuo mention tiller packs cause I was just watching a video @DEEIF posted on his ground zero board where he’s at a racing event and Dave is seen potbellying around, and I thought “hmmm, I wonder if he’s still building batteries?” I never actually got to see his work I didn’t know his packs were atrocious! Unfortunately that link is broken and I can’t see =/

4 Likes

all the good wide stuff on fogstar is out of stock YOU GLUTTONS

4 Likes

how does the wide stuff save time over the skinnny?

1 Like

less welds
Dont have to cut strips a thousand times

2 Likes

soldering serial connections on the wide was super easy too actually. I only have xp with the wide that’s why I ask

1 Like

This is pretty nice, did you find a link to the sf1612-21? The 13a one?