The battery builders club

I don’t understand…

1 Like

If you put the batteries in parralel their ir drops a lot and they can give out more then 2x current and you will reach the limit of 2kA easily

1 Like

So I have just the one 6000mAh panther (green) and all stock connectors, if I weld every 10 seconds do I have anything to worry about?

3*3 SPIM08 for the win. Welds like a champ, stays cool all day long

6 Likes

Where did you get them from? Do you use a balance charger like a normal lipo?

1 Like

I got them offa @Arzamenable, but they’re $4 each at BCH. I used rivets and aluminum strap for the series connections.

I charge them on the balance charger like a lipo, but I just did about a thousand welds and it dropped like .3 volts.

3 Likes

Hey guys, Im new to this battery building thing. I am currently getting a custom pack made but it made me think about how I could make my own for almost half the price. I did some research and I have some questions:

This is a diagram of half a 10s4p:

(it might be hard to see but the positives are on the top) Those red wires are from the BMS and the cells are in groups of 4

Does nickel go on both sides of those cells? or just the front side like shown here?

wdym the positives are on the top, the 4p connection should have all the positives facing the same way

1 Like

So those groups of 4 should have all the positives facing the same way? What about the group next to it? Should it alternate? I can make a diagram hold on

like this? the bms wires would go to the positive battery on each one of those groups

yes and these p groups should be connected but not on the other side

1 Like

ah ok, but if you have just the negative side connected (with nickel) will it still discharge the same as the group with only the positive sides connected? Sorry for my questions

1 Like

idk just mak a diagram and follow it xd i’m not the best
i know how to do it but i can’t rlly explain

1 Like

lmao ok ill wait for someone else (scroll up to see my original post for anyone new)

i’ll make a model in fusion 360

1 Like

ok thanks

you should be totally safe :smiley:

1 Like

@maxmayer nvm that will take too long xd

1 Like

haha ok, ill get it elsewhere. thanks though

show the other side please? That looks correct for a 10s2p so far

If I was you I would do the 2x2 blocks facing the same way, it is much easier to connect 2x 5s4p than 2x 10s2p

What supplies are you using to make the pack if you plan on making it yourself

1 Like